Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All 8th Region Team

Featured Replies

Have seen and heard of a few who were named to the All Region Team for the 8th, was curious if anyone had a complete list yet?

Joe Griffin-South Oldham POY

Cobe Penny-Anderson County

Jalen Henry-North Oldham

Charles Cochran-Collins

Mason Wilson-Gallatin County

Kemryn Jenkins-Eminence

Brennan Stanley-Williamstown

Ismail Jones-Oldham County

Zach Larimore-Oldham County

Dominique Turner-Collins

JC Hawkins-Simon Kenton

Jackson Gibson-Oldham County

Zach Clinkenbeard-Walton-Verona

Devin Young-South Oldham

Dieonte Miles-Walton-Verona

 

Coach of the Year

Grant Brannen-Walton-Verona

Comparison of stats:

 

Pts. Rebs.

WV. Miles: 12 6

Clinkenbeard: 11.2 3.3

OLD. Gibson: 12.6 3.3

Jones: 13.5 2.8

Larimore: 13 6.8

COL. Turner: 11.5 6.5

 

 

SK: Kelch: 12.8 7.5

65.6% fg shooting

I'm guessing that your stating that he should have made it over all the other players on this list?

Don't agree with coach of the year. Think that should be awarded after tournament play, but that's just me.

Wow they left out 6'8 Zach Kelch?

 

I really like Kelch's game. He's a legit big guy.

I'm guessing that your stating that he should have made it over all the other players on this list?

 

Clearly.

Wow they left out 6'8 Zach Kelch?

 

Comparison of stats:

 

Pts. Rebs.

WV. Miles: 12 6

Clinkenbeard: 11.2 3.3

OLD. Gibson: 12.6 3.3

Jones: 13.5 2.8

Larimore: 13 6.8

COL. Turner: 11.5 6.5

 

 

SK: Kelch: 12.8 7.5

65.6% fg shooting

 

Anderson Co. Christian Gritton: 11.7 pt 10.3 rb 65% FG %

 

If you are going to compare stats and mention Kelch, then there's AC's big man's stats. The only one mentioned above averaging a double double. And I'm not saying he should be on the list, I'm just throwing those numbers out there to chew on and saying that maybe he should be in the conversation too if these others are.

I am good with POY and COY.

This should not be announced till regional finals and at least voted till district is over.

Anderson Co. Christian Gritton: 11.7 pt 10.3 rb 65% FG %

 

If you are going to compare stats and mention Kelch, then there's AC's big man's stats. The only one mentioned above averaging a double double. And I'm not saying he should be on the list, I'm just throwing those numbers out there to chew on and saying that maybe he should be in the conversation too if these others are.

 

Good post i was thinking the exact same thing. Also a little shocked with Spencer's season that they never had one player to make the team.

Why shouldn't high school basketball name their all star teams before postseason play? Every other sport does it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Good post i was thinking the exact same thing. Also a little shocked with Spencer's season that they never had one player to make the team.

 

I would say the stats on Spencer's team are more spread out, because they go ten players deep. That probably hurt Wheeler ,Coke,and Cannon. The good thing is that when teams have to play Spencer they can't focus on one or two particular players. Those boys don't care about winning individual awards they just want to win and get to the region.

I'll tell you what's crazy is that three of these six teams won't even be playing in the regional tournament:

Anderson, South Oldham, Spencer, North Oldham, Simon Kenton, and Walton Verona.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.