Cincinnati Recruiting 2018

Walter

You think Meyer would tell a plan A option "let's make this quick?" Come on now. Ask Chris Oates who's still waiting for the green light.

It's good bulletin board material but beat UK in Ohio before you poke the Grizzly bear lol.

I thought your 247 write up was solid in any event.

Urb expected to ask for a commitment and get it. Went for the hard sell and lost.

Like I said, won't happen often, but did today. Beat both UK and OSU.

Thanks. My recruiting guy does a great job...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask Chris Oates who's still waiting for the green light.

And no question Oats is a different deal. Would commit to OSU right now if it was an option. It isn't so UC is in a really good spot as a result. Those are the battles they have to win far more often than not.

I am telling you with 100% certainty that OSU wanted Whyle in the fold. Oats is a kid they want to keep on the back burner just in case. UC will land a lot more of the latter going forward. They got the rare former this time...

Heard the kid's interview today on the radio & the first thing he said was that he didn't like some of the coaches he met. I thought it was an odd comment, but it sounds like he was referencing Urban.

See GT's post in the Kentucky recruiting thread...Meyer and Morrow were likely the two he was referring to....GT might have more info on that, but just speculation on my part.

Urb expected to ask for a commitment and get it. Went for the hard sell and lost.

Like I said, won't happen often, but did today. Beat both UK and OSU.

Thanks. My recruiting guy does a great job...

Don't take Jackson Carmen from us too and we will call it even.

Good write up again my man.

OL Colin Woodside (6'5 265) of Fairfield Union (OH) committed to UC tonight at the spring game. Doesn't currently have a rating on 247sports but he was the staffs #1 OL target.

Sounds like a few more could come in the next few days.

Cincy St X QB Chase Wolf will make his decision on Tuesday.

Dan Bolden and Ja'Von Hicks of Colerain are both expected to decide soon as well.

A lot of upset Sparty people, they thought they had him. Glad to see UC could keep him out of Michigan.

In Fickell's first year he has brought in the third and seventh highest rated recruits in program history with Vann and Whyle.

Oats would be the highest rated recruit in program history and Hawkins wouldn't be far behind. Amazing what Fick has done in less than a year...and it all started with landing Jarell White, who had a MAJOR impact on this commitment as well.

In Fickell's first year he has brought in the third and seventh highest rated recruits in program history with Vann and Whyle.

Oats would be the highest rated recruit in program history and Hawkins wouldn't be far behind. Amazing what Fick has done in less than a year...and it all started with landing Jarell White, who had a MAJOR impact on this commitment as well.

Vann is considered the #267 best player overall, #12 SDE, #12 player in Ohio. Solid night for UC.

Vann is considered the #267 best player overall, #12 SDE, #12 player in Ohio. Solid night for UC.

With Colin Woodside getting rated an 82, UC now has the #29 class in the country with the addition of Vann.

Oats reaction to the commit has me feeling really good about landing him...