Ms. Basketball Finalists

Someone explain the pick for the 9th region. Not even the best player in her district, maybe third best in the 35th.

Who makes this decision or places the votes for this award? Who represented the 9th region for this vote? Who voted for who?

I think to get on the list the player has to be a senior. In some regions there's probably several players better than some of the picks but they don't qualify because only seniors are eligible.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think to get on the list the player has to be a senior. In some regions there's probably several players better than some of the picks but they don't qualify because only seniors are eligible.

Good point, forgot that basketball is behind the times and only gives the award to Seniors.

Someone explain the pick for the 9th region. Not even the best player in her district, maybe third best in the 35th.

Who makes this decision or places the votes for this award? Who represented the 9th region for this vote? Who voted for

I completely agree. Jenna Martin is the best Sr in the 9th region. Allie is a nice player but Jenna is the best in the 9th.

Who makes this decision or places the votes for this award? Who represented the 9th region for this vote? Who voted for

I completely agree. Jenna Martin is the best Sr in the 9th region. Allie is a nice player but Jenna is the best in the 9th.

We saw this last night when Martin kept Johnson from scoring when she was guarding Allie and yet Jenna had 14 points when she played less than 3 quarters. Allie's is a great player with a lot of points but I would always choose someone who can play both offense and defense and usually plays all 32 minutes with 100%+ intensity.

Who makes this decision or places the votes for this award? Who represented the 9th region for this vote? Who voted for who?

Makes you wonder.

We saw this last night when Martin kept Johnson from scoring when she was guarding Allie and yet Jenna had 14 points when she played less than 3 quarters. Allie's is a great player with a lot of points but I would always choose someone who can play both offense and defense and usually plays all 32 minutes with 100%+ intensity.

What other top 9th region players has she stopped from scoring? I've seen senior players score 20 in first half in 9th so this 14 your speaking of is not that big of a deal for this forum. Marin collected 80 rebounds for the season. How is that top of the 9th?

I'm not going through a list of players that Jenna has guarded. I stated that she is the best player in the 9th and I stand by it. I'm not here to call out other players nor am I taking anything away from Allie. I think Jenna is the best in the 9th and top 10 in the state.

I'm not going through a list of players that Jenna has guarded. I stated that she is the best player in the 9th and I stand by it. I'm not here to call out other players nor am I taking anything away from Allie. I think Jenna is the best in the 9th and top 10 in the state.

I disagree. Martin can shoot 3's. Ok? What else? Rebounding? Defensive stops. She hasn't Stopped other top players J.

Also, there is a quote from Coach Richey that stopping Jonson was a team effort. So clearly Martin didn't alone hold Johnson to 10. Let this young lady enjoy her moment and move on J.

You're right she cant guard and only shoots 3's. I've coached her in the summer against some of the best players in the country. She does a little more than shoot 3's. Again congrats to Allie I just think if we are picking the best player then we missed it this time. Its ok that you dont agree. You're wrong but its ok..