2017 Jack Kaelin NKY Freshman Invitational Tourney

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO....Out of a score of 100 on how they are playing currently...

1. CCH-100

2. Beechwood - 70 (mainly to show the difference in talent between them and CCH)

3. Cooper - 60 (Cooper lost to CCH by 38 and lost to Beechwood)

4.Dixie - 50

5-9 Ryle, St Henry, Highlands, Boone, 40-45

10+ The rest of the field...

I've not seen everyone but I have seen the majority of the teams in the tourney this year.

This isn't really a Freshman Regional Tournament in the sense that there are teams from different regions in the there. I would have like to have seen Mason County in there since they just won the 39th district Freshman Boys Tourney. I think the competition would have been good for them.

Let's keep the topic on course, that is, on the teams that are playing in The Jack Kaelin Tournament and BTW Simon Kenton, Walton-Verona and Scott are former members of the Ninth Region and have played in this tourney for years and years and years.

Let's keep the topic on course, that is, on the teams that are playing in The Jack Kaelin Tournament and BTW Simon Kenton, Walton-Verona and Scott are former members of the Ninth Region and have played in this tourney for years and years and years.

Campbell? No?

Pretty sure they were not!

You are correct. Just went back and looked at the thread from last year's tourney and it said Campbell had beaten every freshmen team in the tourney during the regular season, but could not play in the tournament because of the 10th Region frosh tourney being at same time.

• 2 weeks later...

The first of 8 games tips off at 10 this Saturday morning, February 4th on the campus of Covington Catholic High School for the annual Jack Kaelin Freshmen Basketball Tournament.

We will bring you quarter scores of each game and the top scorers from each game, as it is completed plus update the Brackets at the end of the day, to keep you informed of these tournament games.

Please come out and root on these young men and their teams in a positive manner, as for whether they win or lose, they will have left their hearts and souls on the hardwood for you to enjoy.

Attached Bracket

2017_Freshmen_Regional_Tournament_Bracket(1307).pdf

The first of 8 games tips off at 10 this Saturday morning, February 4th on the campus of Covington Catholic High School for the annual Jack Kaelin Freshmen Basketball Tournament.

We will bring you quarter scores of each game and the top scorers from each game, as it is completed plus update the Brackets at the end of the day, to keep you informed of these tournament games.

Please come out and root on these young men and their teams in a positive manner, as for whether they win or lose, they will have left their hearts and souls on the hardwood for you to enjoy.

Attached Bracket

Thanks for the updates @Theoldguy

Great event. Always well run and a great tradition. In recent years they have even added live radio broadcasts of some games ... kudos to the group at CCH that are the stewards of the tournament.

I couldn't open the bracket link just now, so I am curious as to whether Simon Kenton or Walton or Campbell County (or Scott for that matter) are participating.