Bracken County 71 Nicholas County 70

I suspect Coach Hinson's voice is about shot after tonight. The Polar Bears have so much potential, but time is running short to gain some momentum. Got to pick it up tomorrow night against the 3 win Harrison team. Hoping the Bears hit their stride against the extremely struggling Thorobreds.

Wondered where you been tonight older coach ... you are not doing very well with your 15+ predictions against the Jackets every time we play ...

Can't argue with you, and to be honest my 15+ picks have been more reflective of the team I think Bracken is and less about Nicholas. Got to hand it to the Bluejackets, you fought to the end. Do not understand yet what is holding back the Polar Bears? Perhaps Hinson has them in stealth mode, starving them, hoping to get them really hungry for a good win and they will be ready to pounce at tourney time. Harrison was thrashed by Paris last night by 31. Time for BC to put a good game together for four quarters and get some "Big MO" going.

Can't argue with you, and to be honest my 15+ picks have been more reflective of the team I think Bracken is and less about Nicholas. Got to hand it to the Bluejackets, you fought to the end. Do not understand yet what is holding back the Polar Bears? Perhaps Hinson has them in stealth mode, starving them, hoping to get them really hungry for a good win and they will be ready to pounce at tourney time. Harrison was thrashed by Paris last night by 31. Time for BC to put a good game together for four quarters and get some "Big MO" going.

Other than a few overzealous fan's expectations, what is the basis of where this team should be at? The preseason rankings had them mid-to lower in the pack of 10th region teams? And yes, those folks ranking them took in consideration that Hinson was their coach, Crawford was on the team, etc. There seems to be an infatuation with the Polar Bear naysayers to criticize when they don't over achieve. It would seem that they are on par for where they should be at.

Other than a few overzealous fan's expectations, what is the basis of where this team should be at? The preseason rankings had them mid-to lower in the pack of 10th region teams? And yes, those folks ranking them took in consideration that Hinson was their coach, Crawford was on the team, etc. There seems to be an infatuation with the Polar Bear naysayers to criticize when they don't over achieve. It would seem that they are on par for where they should be at.

First, just for clarity, BC is my 2nd favorite team. Augusta is my first; but, I root and support both except when they play each other. So, you might get a better picture from a pure Polar Bear. However, I will respond to your post.

Pre-season it was the consensus of most knowledgeable basketball people that BC was in the 4-6 range of 10th Region teams and that this heavy senior led team had the potential to make a strong tourney run. They are experienced, tall, physical, and unquestionably have a top five regional player in their leading scorer. IMO their major shortcoming is their substandard shooting in all categories. The loss of their best 3FG shooter before the season began has not been able to be replaced. I for one am seeing very little criticism on BGP, but it is starting to get late in the season for the Polar Bears to start generating some momentum. Hope it starts tonight.

First time I've seen Bracken play this year and this is what I think.They have alot of size and they play hard but they are slow any team that is athletic there going to struggle.I was very impressed with how hard Nicholas county played they are a good team.

They are both pretty decent teams and we look forward to facing either or both in the Campbell County Invitational Tournament which will be played the week following districts.
That's what they called it last year until the first round. Then it was the Buddy Biggs Invitational.