Trump first said he would send all illegals back.

An excellent point. Democratic Presidents lie just like the Republican ones. If you don't believe that, just fast forward to the 3:30 mark in this video.

There were hundreds of variants of Medicare plans and health insurance plans that disappeared simply by the enactment of the Affordable Care Act, and each time it is updated, hundreds more are cancelled and go by the wayside. And anyone honestly say that they have seen falling costs since the Affordable Care Act was passed? Because President Obama said it would...right here at the 3:39 mark. Is that not as much of a lie as President Elect Trump's flip-flop on his handling of illegal immigrants?

Here's the thing. I'm not defending or denying Trumps lies and exaggerations but boy there's a whole lot on the left that still worship the ground Obama walked on that blissfully overlook the lies he told for political gain.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, most of the major campaign promises have turned out to have been not so true. Funny how many are now saying, "well, we knew it was all lies - but this time it was our guy lying so that's cool with me".

It's gonna be a wild ride!

What's equally as funny is that those who oppose Trump seem disappointed that he is now willing to work with these folks on citizenship.

I think that the point obviously being emphasized here for those willing to admit it is that Trump's campaign was based on blatant harsh loud-mouthed fear-mongering utter nonsense that many saw right through while we cringed while also watching others blindly champion it.

If he softens his approach, his detractors will certainly not object, except for the realization that he at his core is an obvious hot air buffoon, but it is peculiar how his supporters are fine with watching him swiftly become not the guy for which they voted, and reach time and time again to justify that.

Deflect all day with comparisons to Obama and forget as you might that he was one who aimed to unify, while your guy aimed to divide all for the sake of your votes.

His bully approach is what turned half this country off while also painting to us the reality that the other half followed enthusiastically with fists in the air the hate speak that turned many others' stomachs, and gave pause too that this country that had been striving to move forward with justice for all was about to take multi-steps backward.

Sad reality is that we had started to live under the illusion that we as a country were becoming a better, more open minded people as a whole, but the voices that he helped to enable frighteningly told us otherwise.

To his supporters though, what actually is it that you stand for because your guy has been wishy-washy at best demonstrating what he actually stands for?

I realize that I'll never have any impact on those supporters of which I speak, and that those who already get it will fully understand what I'm saying.

With minds so divided, and biases shamelessly on full display, there literally is no winning trick to make the blind see, so all that we can do is watch in amazement and shake our heads, and I would like to say "in disbelief", but that ship has long sailed.

Edited by B-Ball-fan

So yeah, the POTUS usually walks back off campaign promises. Probably why it's always a pretty big deal when they actually live up to one.

But isn't it fair to say Trump is the first to have to walk — nay, run — back on campaign promises before he ever inhabits 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.?

I would guess that you will have an impact on Trump supporters. If you continue to call them blind idiots, incapable of making a rational decision you will continue to anger and further polarize.

They don't need my help... they do a fine job of it all by themselves.

I would guess that you will have an impact on Trump supporters. If you continue to call them blind idiots, incapable of making a rational decision you will continue to anger and further polarize.

We're just coming off 8 years of being called the same by those people who are so upset at being called those names now. Speaking only for myself I really don't give a flying pig if they are angered and polarized.

We're just coming off 8 years of being called the same by those people who are so upset at being called those names now. Speaking only for myself I really don't give a flying pig if they are angered and polarized.

You certainly have the right. However I believe that this will only continue to fuel the Trump machine.

So yeah, the POTUS usually walks back off campaign promises. Probably why it's always a pretty big deal when they actually live up to one.

But isn't it fair to say Trump is the first to have to walk — nay, run — back on campaign promises before he ever inhabits 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.?

First I can remember. Record time.

I was going to say the same thing. It cracks me up how now they want unify and come together. After the last 8 years why would I want to come together with that?????

You certainly have the right. However I believe that this will only continue to fuel the Trump machine.

The Trump machine is a wildfire. No one can pinpoint exactly what started it, but there's lots of speculation. People who have been bitter and butt hurt over the last 8 years are standing by cheering and fanning it to make sure it grows.

So far, most of the major campaign promises have turned out to have been not so true. Funny how many are now saying, "well, we knew it was all lies - but this time it was our guy lying so that's cool with me".

It's gonna be a wild ride!

Well, we've heard you guys say it for 8 years now, so.... Tit for tat? ;)