Holmes 44 Holy Cross 43

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The crowd was pathetic, the ones that are there are on their phones, probably complaining on this site, they don't cheer at all, what happened to rooting on ur team no matter what? The kids look as if they don't care either. I think all they hear is excuses at home for why they are struggling instead of telling them to look in the mirror and figure it out

Wow. I've read a few threads on HC basketball and it's negative 100% or very near. Is this the new mafia? Starts with an L instead of a P.

For those without a biased opinion, is the coaching this bad or don't have the talent?

The crowd was pathetic, the ones that are there are on their phones, probably complaining on this site, they don't cheer at all, what happened to rooting on ur team no matter what? The kids look as if they don't care either. I think all they hear is excuses at home for why they are struggling instead of telling them to look in the mirror and figure it out

So the whole Holy Cross crowd is pathetic?You need a reality check. I was sitting with a group of parents (including myself) and we may not be crazy loud or obnoxious but we cheer our team on. Guy next to me was sending out updates of the game on his phone. And my son gets critiqued by me, his AAU coach and sometimes another coach after every game. He knows what he needs to do. He also is smart enough to see what's wrong.

So what's wrong is the coaching staff right?? They dribble off their feet and fire the ball out of bounds but the kids are all unstoppable on their AAU teams I'm sure? I give up

Who are you talking to? I responded to your post about the crowd being pathetic and your idea that us parents are sitting at home making excuses and that we should be telling them to look in the mirror and figure it out. All I can do is try and make my son a better player and try and get him to play like most know he can.

Haven't seen HC at all, but it wasn't coaching causing those unforced turnovers. He played a lot of guys and nothing was really clicking. Maybe it was an off night for them, but they did not shoot well at all.

They still could have won. They had the ball with 6.7 seconds to go down 1. About all you can ask for in a rivalry game. They didn't get a good look at a shot, but Holmes had two fouls to give and used to take the clock to 3.1 an date ball at half court. Still didn't get a good look, however, they had plenty of chances to win the game.

Coaching was not a negative factor for HC at all.

Bengal maniac- you stated that you haven't seen HC at all. You are correct that coaching didn't cause unforced turnovers. But then you say coaching wasnt a negative factor in this game. Who gets put on the floor with the other players and when is coaching. This game to someone who hasn't seen HC yet would probably not see what the rest of us have been watching all season. It was a less than usual so not as bad. I'm not going to repeat it, you can look in other threads ( games).

It's like this every game no matter the outcome, complaints about the coach and certain players

No matter the outcome? Except for 2 games, the "OUTCOME" had been the same!

And in this thread nobody has mentioned any certain players. Coaches yes.

As for your comments about the fans, PARENTS make up most of the fan base on away games so your calling all these players parents pathetic? That is totally uncalled for. I can see them cheering from across the court so your remarks are unwarranted and false. I know a couple of those parents real well and I'm sure they would like to know who you are about right now.

Bengal maniac- you stated that you haven't seen HC at all. You are correct that coaching didn't cause unforced turnovers. But then you say coaching wasnt a negative factor in this game. Who gets put on the floor with the other players and when is coaching. This game to someone who hasn't seen HC yet would probably not see what the rest of us have been watching all season. It was a less than usual so not as bad. I'm not going to repeat it, you can look in other threads ( games).

Not going to debate with you but I trust coaches who see the kids every day in practice, know things about them we all don't know as far as grades, school attitude, etc. Coaches put players on the floor who he/she thinks gives them the best chance to win. Fans sometimes don't like it when fans favor certain players for whatever reason.

HC probably played 8-10 kids, I didn't count and quite frankly, it looked like the starters were the better players, but not significantly. Subbing didn't hurt them. As tough as it was to maintain the ball and shoot, no one stood out to me other than, I think his name was Williams, but I could not hear very well. He was a nice player in this game. He was strong and aggressive.

Just an outside observer no biases at all with HC.