Williamstown 76 Grant County 62

I was certain they have played each other twice in the past. Could be wrong though.

GC and WHS play twice every year. Seems like the two Kenton Co. schools only play the Grant Co. schools once each unless WV and WHS play in the "A" as they did last year, which could explain why only one game affects district seeding.

But I think they only count one game. The change was made a few years ago. W-Town and GC play twice for some reason, probably a good gate. I would assume the first game is the one that counts for seeding. I could be wrong though.

Color me optimistic, for I think seeding will matter not come tournament time.

Also, no stats for WHS yet, but Zach Tuggle(19) and Luke Adkins(18) accounted for 37 of the Braves' 62 points, including 19 of the team's 25 made FT. To that point, six or eight of Tuggle's 11 made FT came in the last 1:30 or so of the game, which triggered the panic mode in at least one of the Demons' newfound cult following.

I expect to see Brennan Stanley led the game in both points and "OHHHHHHHHH" plays, and another Winzee Fox double-double if those numbers are ever posted.

Color me optimistic, for I think seeding will matter not come tournament time.

Also, no stats for WHS yet, but Zach Tuggle(19) and Luke Adkins(18) accounted for 37 of the Braves' 62 points, including 19 of the team's 25 made FT. To that point, six or eight of Tuggle's 11 made FT came in the last 1:30 or so of the game, which triggered the panic mode in at least one of the Demons' newfound cult following.

I expect to see Brennan Stanley led the game in both points and "OHHHHHHHHH" plays, and another Winzee Fox double-double if those numbers are ever posted.

Fox was a man amongst boys last night. Wtown stayed 2-3 most of the night and basically every shot Grant took inside the paint was adjusted due to Fox challenging everything. He had a double double in the first half. He is VERY raw though. Plays on pure athleticism. If he could develop any sort of a right hand. Just something right handed he will be a handful for every team in the 32nd. He had a put back dunk that might have been goaltending, but he still jumped over some people to put that back. Hopefully Harden can develop Fox's right hand before the district tournament starts because as good as he is playing right now he is basically playing with his right hand tied behind his back. Stanley is Stanley. Best PG in the 8th region for my money. Lightning quick, sees passes develop seconds before they are open, has a quick trigger, and for his size he can still elevate to get his shot up. One of the most fun players to watch. Grant County is still really young and had no answer to the 2-3. Grant County couldn't get an open 3 the first half and the open ones they did have they either missed or they passed the shot up. Need to get that fixed because they will see a lot of 2-3 the rest of the year. Best of luck to both teams going forward.

How much better would Williamstown be if they didn't lose the point guard transfer to Lloyd? I think he is a very solid player. (not sure of his name)

It's Derick Cipollone.

Your question requires a complex answer dealing with the pros and cons of blending him with Stanley on the court as two talented, high-usage rate guys. It would certainly make them a deeper team with another 20 points on any given night type player, especially in Harden's offense.

All that said, I think the move was a positive for both parties as it cleared up the logjam in the Demons backcourt and allowed Cip the opportunity to showcase himself as a primary ball-handler.