Ohio State 2017 schedule and talk

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a new offensive coordinator is brought in and he has any imagination with the offensive play calling, the Buckeyes will go undefeated and from there I will wait to say anything else.

It helps that they have a weak non-conference schedule.

I will give you its not brutal but it does have to bowl teams on the non-conference portion of the schedule and thank goodness there are no D-1AA teams on it.

The Clemson game showed me OSU has a long way to go next year to get back in the picture.

The Clemson game showed me OSU has a long way to go next year to get back in the picture.
Offensively they have loads of talent, it's just poorly utilized. The defense were studs even against Clemson. With Greg Schiano at the helm, I have no worries with how the defense will perform next year. The one thing they need and as you touched on it is a guy to develop the QB. To me the guy to he developed is Dywayne Haskins, but maybe even true freshman Tate Martell too. Haskins is a more athletic Cardale Jones, and Martell is from the mold of a Russell Wilson, smaller guy but big arm and great athlete. Whether it's transfer or trying to find his way on an NFL team, or being a GA somewhere, I don't see JTB as the QB of the Buckeyes next year.

Other than the Sooners what do you see?

If you compare OSU schedule to Bama and Clemson.

Bama is very comparable to OSU

Top 5 opponent (FSU)

2 non P5 (Fresno State and Colorado State)

1 FCS school (Mercer)

Clemson

Top 20 opponent (Auburn)

1 non P5 (Kent State)

1 FCS (Citadel)

1 P5 (South Carolina) but this might as well be a conference game since they play them every year.

Are Bama and Clemson helped by their "weak" non conference schedules? Because they both have equally "weak" or weaker non conference schedules than OSU does.

Nobody plays anybody out of conference. Penn St, Wisky and Michigan could all be top 10 outside of Oklahoma.

Exactly. As far as non conference schedules go, OSU's is pretty good. This years turned out to be great with Oklahoma and a Tulsa team that was borderline top 25 at the end of the year.