Lawnboy's 2017 Northern Kentucky Preview

Lawnboy13

I just want to clarify....the post below is the "bulletin board material" and "pressure" post that is driving most of the discussion in this thread? Yes? No? Maybe? Did I miss another post?

Division II – The Highlands Bluebirds have had a stranglehold on the DII crown for the last few years, NewCath and the Cru from St. Henry have been their main competition during this recent run. That being said, I think their reign at the top is going to be relinquished this season to the team up on the “hill”, NewCath.

Because if you have a problem with this post, you probably need to grow thicker skin. Don't you know that @Lawnboy13 and @RCC9 are buddies? And if NCC needs that added motivation to play against Highlands, then something is wrong. They're district rivals which should be enough motivation.

I took the comment as a shot by LB at RC.

If I want to take a shot at @RCC9, I'll post that 1986 Christmas Ball picture of him and my sister. :lol2:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to clarify....the post below is the "bulletin board material" and "pressure" post that is driving most of the discussion in this thread? Yes? No? Maybe? Did I miss another post?

Division II – The Highlands Bluebirds have had a stranglehold on the DII crown for the last few years, NewCath and the Cru from St. Henry have been their main competition during this recent run. That being said, I think their reign at the top is going to be relinquished this season to the team up on the “hill”, NewCath.

If I want to take a shot at @RCC9, I'll post that 1986 Christmas Ball picture of him and my sister. :lol2:

You mean to tell me my boys haven't tracked that down and destroyed that evidence yet??? I'm paying those clowns way too much money!

You mean to tell me my boys haven't tracked that down and destroyed that evidence yet??? I'm paying those clowns way too much money!

I think some of us know who you run with....you probably should lower your expectations of your boys !

"Boone County Rebels – Just like last year, this team doesn't pass the "eye test", but Head Coach Andy Petridis' kids "get it done". Coach P consistently plays one of the strongest schedules in NKY to prepare for post-season play. The Lady Rebels only lost one player to graduation last year, but return one of the top pitchers in the 9th Region in Jr. Olivia Jackson (DI 2nd Team) and Jr. Shelby Wright (DI 1st Team) Also returning to the starting line-up on Burlington Pike is a load of experience in Sr's. Makenna Black, Jayda Collins (DI 2nd Team), Ryley Grau (DI 2nd Team), Kamryn Huff, as well as Fr. Star Smith. Also, look for 8th grader Karys Black to see a good deal of varsity action. This is a team that you can't sleep on"

Lawnboy you did well on this one. I can tell you there is some disappointment festering from the region loss to the "Birds" last year. Thus some crazy looks I get when I bring up last year more than I Should....LOL

We have 4 seniors who are determined to end their high school career going out on top. Our 4 seniors Grau, Black, Collins and Huff have been great to work with and their work ethic is translating to the younger girls. As Lawnboy stated, we are blessed with tons of experience and I love the fact that we are 12-15 deep with summer ball players in our program. The program knows in order to win in the Spring, the hard work starts now. Each practice, conditioning, drill needs to be treated as the last inning in a regional final.

As for the schedule, I absolutely love the schedule that has been put together. I have been blessed now to coach with two great coaches who understand the tough schedule does nothing but get you ready for the postseason.

Boone has always been silent on here so I figured I might shed some light a bit. Good luck to everyone this coming year!!!!

Players To Keep An Eye On

All these young ladies have multiple years of travel ball under their belts which should bode well for them and their team in the coming years.

Fr. Faith Alford (INF) – Walton-Verona

Fr. Brooke Bihl (P) - NewCath

8th Karys Black (INF) – Boone Co.

Fr. Megan Burkart (OF) – NewCath

Fr. Mackai Dickerson (INF) – Ryle

Fr. Kaycee Fogt (P) – St. Henry

Fr. Sam Grause © – NewCath

Fr. Taylar Lorenzen (INF) - Highlands

Fr. Addisyn Michael (INF) – Walton-Verona

Fr. Maddie Prospero (P) – Notre Dame

Fr. Bella Slone (P) - Ludlow

Forgot to mention

Fr. Serena Paterno (C/1B) - Notre Dame

I'm curious to see how much of a impact the 1st and 2nd yr coaches have on their teams. Side note: Lawnboy, you keep up with alot of info. It took me awhile to count on my phone, but I believe its 11 out of 27 teams mentioned that have 1st or 2nd yr head coaches.

My sincere apologies to my fellow NewCath Class of '84 classmate and Scott High School head coach, Lisa Brewer and her team, with all the "copy and paste" I was doing when putting this preview on line, I somehow forgot to put the Eagles on........Thanks to a fellow coach, that will remain nameless, for bring this to my attention this afternoon.

Division I

Scott Eagles - Head Coach Lisa Brewer returns 8 starters from last season and look to improve on last year's record. Returning standouts including Sr. (SS) Nina Stevers, Sr. (3B) Alyssa Little & Sr. © Abbi Irwin, as well as, two freshmen that were starters last year (2B) Abby Bosse & (P) Merrin Kelly. (Jr) Ashley Noble will also handle some of the pitching duties with Merrin Kelly. However, Coach Brewer needs to find a replacement in center for the departed Holly Kallmeyer. Kallmeyer was a solid defensive player and had wheels to burn on the base paths, she was fun to watch. If it wasn't for Haley Coffey's bases loaded 3-run triple in the 7th inning of the Senior All-Star game, Kallmeyer, who was 3 for 3 on the eventual losing team, would have been MVP of the game.

Edited by Lawnboy13