Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mason County 76 Bracken County 61

Featured Replies

A loss is a loss and 17 years of losses is a smackDown I'd say

  • Replies 57
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bracken County lost to Mason County (region champs) by 6 in the first round of District with Jacob Hamilton.

Bracken County lost to Mason County (region champs) by 6 in the first round of District with Jacob Hamilton.

 

Without.

Agree 1000 percent. As I've often said before, until the Association mandates seeding statewide, I can't fault a school for doing what's right for them.

 

Just curious Papa, if you were a member of the Association and this situation was voted on at that level, how would you vote?

Just curious Papa, if you were a member of the Association and this situation was voted on at that level, how would you vote?

Opie, even though I wasn't asked, I would vote for what I believe is in the best interest of Ky HS basketball as a whole. In my opinion that is seeding. But, until the KHSAA Board choses to involve themselves, I will continue to understand and respect the responsibility local schools have to their own programs and students.

Opie, even though I wasn't asked, I would vote for what I believe is in the best interest of Ky HS basketball as a whole. In my opinion that is seeding. But, until the KHSAA Board choses to involve themselves, I will continue to understand and respect the responsibility local schools have to their own programs and students.

 

 

I agree with you. I also wish Bracken was playing Augusta and St Patrick.

 

But I also understand Bracken supporters defending, not only their student athletes, but all the schools, student athletes, to have the equal opportunity to earn their position in the post season.

 

While, I assume it is in the wording of the vote to require a majority to change it, it also seems fundamentally wrong for a continual split vote to result in simply leaving it the same without some interjection from the Association. As ridiculous and random as it seems, a split vote should at least result in alternating it.

I agree with you. I also wish Bracken was playing Augusta and St Patrick.

 

But I also understand Bracken supporters defending, not only their student athletes, but all the schools, student athletes, to have the equal opportunity to earn their position in the post season.

 

While, I assume it is in the wording of the vote to require a majority to change it, it also seems fundamentally wrong for a continual split vote to result in simply leaving it the same without some interjection from the Association. As ridiculous and random as it seems, a split vote should at least result in alternating it.

 

I take no issue at all with your alternating proposal. Sounds equitable and fair to me. Just hope the seeding proponents can lighten up with the refusal to respect the non-seeding's position and end the public spectacles trying to belittle and embarrass. Just agree to disagree and take the arguments to the KHSAA.

 

I pounded on Montgomery Co. last year pretty hard about their selfishness in hosting the 10th Regional tournament at the place the most inconvenient for the bulk of the teams and fans. Accused them of being selfish....and they were. But, stepping back they were right to be selfish and insist on hosting it because it was in their team and programs best interest. Any vote by their school officials otherwise would be not doing their professional duties. (There is a financial consideration for the other regional schools; but, that is of far less consideration than what was best for MC).

I take no issue at all with your alternating proposal. Sounds equitable and fair to me. Just hope the seeding proponents can lighten up with the refusal to respect the non-seeding's position and end the public spectacles trying to belittle and embarrass. Just agree to disagree and take the arguments to the KHSAA.

 

I pounded on Montgomery Co. last year pretty hard about their selfishness in hosting the 10th Regional tournament at the place the most inconvenient for the bulk of the teams and fans. Accused them of being selfish....and they were. But, stepping back they were right to be selfish and insist on hosting it because it was in their team and programs best interest. Any vote by their school officials otherwise would be not doing their professional duties. (There is a financial consideration for the other regional schools; but, that is of far less consideration than what was best for MC).

 

For Bracken the decision is simple, why should they give St. Pat and Augusta their biggest gate every year if they won't seed? For St. Pat and Augusta it is not an issue of draw or seed but a money issue. By voting to draw, they have made that clear. So Bracken hit them where it hurt most, the pocket book. By refusing to play at Augusta and at St. Pat they have taken away what is routinely both schools biggest gates (not counting Mason going to St. Pat for the first time in 50 years this year- and something Mason won't do again). Bracken did not cancel the series with Augusta and St. Pat, they simply said all games will be in the Igloo until the district is seeded. St. Pat and Augusta chose not to play them on the road because financially it doesn't benefit them. I don't blame the people in charge in Brooksville one bit, it does them zero good to go to those two places when the result means absolutely nothing except helping the other two schools financially. In short, there will be no regular season games outside of Brooksville between Bracken and the other two schools until the district is seeded, just like 60 of the other 64 districts in the state.

Doubt either St. Pat or Augusta care that much about any money issue or lack thereof from not playing one home game agsinst Bracken. Not as big a deal as making it out to be. Again, after this season, Bracken returns to mediocrity and will be glad there is a blind draw.

Doubt either St. Pat or Augusta care that much about any money issue or lack thereof from not playing one home game agsinst Bracken. Not as big a deal as making it out to be. Again, after this season, Bracken returns to mediocrity and will be glad there is a blind draw.

Fetish

Fetish

 

Funny. See Post #31

Doubt either St. Pat or Augusta care that much about any money issue or lack thereof from not playing one home game agsinst Bracken. Not as big a deal as making it out to be. Again, after this season, Bracken returns to mediocrity and will be glad there is a blind draw.

 

Need to do a little homework.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.