Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Serious thought on our Senate Majority leader

Featured Replies

Draining the swamp only pertains to the executive branch. McConnell and the rest of the Gators on Capitol Hill are safe.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
My question is what specifically has McConnell done that deserves accolades? What did he do that led to KY finally becoming Republican?

 

He has been in office since 1985. He has been in leadership positions in the Senate since 2007. In 2016 KY goes Republican and he gets credit for that? I see that more a cycle of politics and not necessarily because of something specific he did.

 

The Supreme Court move has worked out so give him credit for that one.

 

McConnell avoided campaigning for Trump in the election, criticized Trump and called for him to apologize for remarks he made. Also lets be honest it's not like Trump needed Mitch to campaign in KY.

 

It's a known fact McConnells pet project for years has been helping the GOP take over both KY house and Senate. He led strategy meetings and fundraising efforts over the years.

 

Again McConnell mostly remained agnostic toward Trump almost the entire election. It was a political move. I don't ever remember Trump and maybe he did, blasting McConnell directly.

  • Author
Draining the swamp only pertains to the executive branch. McConnell and the rest of the Gators on Capitol Hill are safe.

 

I just don't get how Trump can be criticized for who leads the Senate or the house he doesn't choose that. Trump deserves criticism for somethinga but not this.

I just don't get how Trump can be criticized for who leads the Senate or the house he doesn't choose that. Trump deserves criticism for somethinga but not this.

 

Not aimed at Trump. Aimed at Trump voters who pulled the lever for the same ole gators.

Not aimed at Trump. Aimed at Trump voters who pulled the lever for the same ole gators.

 

McConnell wasn't on the ballot and Rand Paul's opponent was every bit the career politician that he made Paul out to be.

Sen McConnell is the face of today's DC. It's not about making the country better. It's about a party winning.

 

So I'd say he deserves credit for being where we are but not for doing good work for the country.

 

Pretty much agree with all of this.

McConnell wasn't on the ballot and Rand Paul's opponent was every bit the career politician that he made Paul out to be.

 

Had he been in Washington?

 

I thought this was a national movement. Most incumbents won their seats back. Again voters just wanted to drain the White House. #irony the only branch that has actual term limits.

  • Author
Had he been in Washington?

 

I thought this was a national movement. Most incumbents won their seats back. Again voters just wanted to drain the White House. #irony the only branch that has actual term limits.

 

The Democrats lost because they ran bad candidates it's that simple.

Had he been in Washington?

 

I thought this was a national movement. Most incumbents won their seats back. Again voters just wanted to drain the White House. #irony the only branch that has actual term limits.

 

Speaking purely for myself I voted for Trump because I didn't want a third Obama term and that's what Hillary would have been. Voted for Paul because Grey is a liberal Dem. I expected Trump to lose and in that event wanted McConnell to continue blocking a liberal agenda. Paul needed to stay for that to happen. I'm quite satisfied with how it turned out.

 

In an effort to drain the swamp I did vote against John Yarmuth. Betting you're OK with that incumbent's win.

Speaking purely for myself I voted for Trump because I didn't want a third Obama term and that's what Hillary would have been. Voted for Paul because Grey is a liberal Dem. I expected Trump to lose and in that event wanted McConnell to continue blocking a liberal agenda. Paul needed to stay for that to happen. I'm quite satisfied with how it turned out.

 

In an effort to drain the swamp I did vote against John Yarmuth. Betting you're OK with that incumbent's win.

 

:lol2:

 

Draining the swamp is getting clearer...

 

Remove Democrats from Washington.

:lol2:

 

Draining the swamp is getting clearer...

 

Remove Democrats from Washington.

 

I would vote for that. :dancingpa

If you look at any FB comments when Mitch posts something, you will see that the people of KY are not happy with him; and those are the comments from fellow Rs!

If you look at any FB comments when Mitch posts something, you will see that the people of KY are not happy with him; and those are the comments from fellow Rs!

 

Yet he is savvy enough to get re-elected in landslide fashion every six years.

 

Say what you want (and I have, often), he is the consummate politician - the operational definition of "Washington insider". A shining example of what the Trump campaign campaigned against.

Yet he is savvy enough to get re-elected in landslide fashion every six years.

 

Say what you want (and I have, often), he is the consummate politician - the operational definition of "Washington insider". A shining example of what the Trump campaign campaigned against.

 

Agreed. The seat is his until he decides to retire.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.