Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry vs. Central - Once Again For All The 3A Marbles

Who wins the 3A Championship? 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 3A Championship?

    • Belfry Pirates
      83%
    • Central Yellowjackets
      16%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 56
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

How does this Central team compare to their other teams that have played in the state finals?

Game will be tight.

 

It will depend on how many fumbles Central returns for Tds. Coach Scroggins' squads have a knack for turning tos into dynamite plays.

 

No team in KY is better at sudden change points and they have beat a Belfry with them in two games that I know of

 

This Belfry team is pretty dangerous in their own right though. I think they have forced 35 turnovers this year and have a streak of like five or six straight games that Belfry has scored a non-offensive TD

Central is a very fast and dangerous team with lots of big play ability. Belfry has to play downhill on Offense and will need to play fundamentally sound on D. No busts in coverage, no missed tackles on the edge, and keep contain when the QB scrambles or the backs try to reverse field.

 

If Belfry punches the timeclock and do their job in terms of execution and protecting the football I will take the Pirates 28-7 in a very competitive football game.

Game will be tight.

 

It will depend on how many fumbles Central returns for Tds. Coach Scroggins' squads have a knack for turning tos into dynamite plays.

 

Boyle county has learned the hard way the last two years you don't turn the ball over against Central they will make you pay quickly and their defense is so good 2 or 3 turnovers can do you in.

How does this Central team compare to their other teams that have played in the state finals?

 

Don't know how they compare to their state title game teams of the past but I think they are way better than their record would indicate this year.

Belfry 21-14.

I am a transplant from the mountains living down in Central Kentucky these days. I rarely make it back there, but the few bright spots I see are Belfry football & Dairy Cheer in Pikeville.:D

 

Can't go wrong with either one.

 

Hope to see Belfry bring another title back to the mountains.

  • Author

Dairy Cheer is a timeless classic :D

I was thinking that is how I was. I know that is how I felt and I had a feeling Boyle County was a year or two away from being a true contender. I remember Boyle County briefly being a pleasant surprise last year but I was thinking that I never said they were ready to take the throne from Belfry or Central. Hell, I think I argued with Boyle County fans more than anyone else the last couple of years. :lol2:

 

That you did but I don't think I was one of them that said that but I did think that we could compete with them. I have been known to be wrong but don't that so on this account.

I don't think this game is just going to be won on the field. I think it could be won from the sideline. Two outstanding coaches in this game and could be won from there. I am going to go with Belfry in this game but think that it will be a great game.

 

Belfry 28

Central 24

For the record I still expect Boyle to firmly play a starring role in 3A before it is said and done with this young crop of talent they have.

 

I may be wrong, but I have a distinct feeling 2018 3A Football is about to be must see football with what Corbin, Belfry, Boyle, Central, and LexCath have in their Sophomore and Freshman classes.

This is going to be a good one, im taking Belfry in a close one, Belfry with a win by single digits.

Some names and numbers to look for in this game for the casual fan.

Belfry

QB 6 Noah Corbett 321 and 9 td’s

RB 5 Derek Wellman 770 and 9 td’s

WR 27 Austin Woolum 163 and 5 td’s

10 Cameron Catron 5 int

59 Austin Fields 93 tak

20 Chase Dove 83 tak

Central

QB 4 James Simpson 1433 and 13 td’s

RB 25 Corey Johnson 1097 and 19 td’s

WR 16 Davon Hall 715 and 7 td’s

19 Quincy Baines 4 int

39 Luke Bowman 106 tak

5 Jonathan Dooley 92 tak

Some names and numbers to look for in this game for the casual fan.

Belfry

QB 6 Noah Corbett 321 and 9 td’s

RB 5 Derek Wellman 770 and 9 td’s

WR 27 Austin Woolum 163 and 5 td’s

10 Cameron Catron 5 int

59 Austin Fields 93 tak

20 Chase Dove 83 tak

Central

QB 4 James Simpson 1433 and 13 td’s

RB 25 Corey Johnson 1097 and 19 td’s

WR 16 Davon Hall 715 and 7 td’s

19 Quincy Baines 4 int

39 Luke Bowman 106 tak

5 Jonathan Dooley 92 tak

 

Belfry is tricky when you just look at their stats

 

The way they have rotated their backfield they have 6 different backs with over 400 rushing yards and only one of those backs has broken the 100 carry mark.

 

Taveon Hunter is now the second leading rusher but entering last week I want to say he was the 4th or 5th leading rusher. I honestly am not sure Corbin even expected him to go off for 200+ yards on 6 carries as I think he was 6th on the team in carries.

 

Additionally, Belfry's biggest starpower comes in the trenches.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If I were assigning the "Players to Watch":

 

OL #61 Austin Dotson, 6'7 320 : The UK Commit is a freak of nature. He has a NFL body and moves like a TE.

 

OL/DL #44 Cole Bentley, 6'5 305: Bentley stays on the field and the UL Commit has been stellar. A devastating blocker and a space eater

 

DL #23 RayQuan Horton, 6'2 316: For my money the best Defensive Player in Kentucky last year and this year. Makes big plays and can take over the game at any moment.

 

OL #76 Jordan Scott, 6'3 295: The forgotten linemen. Scott has a D-1 offer and UK wants him as a Preferred Walk-On badly. Not the fanfare as the others but one of the best Guards you will see in KY.

 

LB/FB #5 Derek Wellman, 6'1 194: An explosive FB and one of the best Junior LB's in KY.

 

S/HB #10 Cameron Catron, 5'9 175: The catalyst of this team. Catron does it all and is a game breaker on offense, defense, and special teams.

 

QB #6 Noah Corbett, 5'10 171: He may not try a throw Saturday and has only attempted 25 all season, but when grading what his role is as a QB there are few as efficient as Corbett. An explosive runner and a beautiful ball handler.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.