Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry vs. Central - Once Again For All The 3A Marbles

Who wins the 3A Championship? 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the 3A Championship?

    • Belfry Pirates
      83%
    • Central Yellowjackets
      16%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

 

Belfry has taken over from Central as the Kings of the Hill in Class 3A over the past several years. It seems fitting to see these two hook up in the state finals.

 

This will be the 6th meeting between the two powers in the past 10 years.

 

Central holds a 4-1 edge over the Pirates in that span.

 

Who wins this time around?

  • Replies 56
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is truly a fitting game. The two top dawgs of 3A go at it once again. 5-5 in state championships in the 2000s... 8 out of the last 9 3A trophies combined. Much respect between these two schools.

  • Author

The History:

 

2007: Central 27 Belfry 17.

2010: Central 46 Belfry 7

2011: Central 15 Belfry 14

2012: Central 12 Belfry 6 overtime

2014: Belfry 14 Central 7

  • Author
This is truly a fitting game. The two top dawgs of 3A go at it once again. 5-5 in state championships in the 2000s... 8 out of the last 9 3A trophies combined. Much respect between these two schools.
Agreed. I have a world of respect for Central and Coach Scroggins. There is no question in my mind that the if I had to pick one singular factor that drove Belfry to elevate their program to where it is now, the answer would be the Central Yellowjackets.

When Boyle and LexCath joined 3A last year I remember so many people saying that Belfry and Central's days of being the top dogs in the class were over and yet here we are again.

 

These are the two programs that consistently win the battle at the LOS and consistently do the little things that win games such as turnover margin, special teams, and power running.

 

The amount of respect I have for Coch Scorggins is immense and I will be honest, if someone told me he would have this team in the Finals with all the talent he lost last year I am not sure I would have bought it back in the summer.

 

I am thrilled for this matchup in the sense of respect for the team and coach Belfry is playing. It is also the perfect ending for this Senior Class to play Central in order to cement their legacy.

 

With all that said, I am not thrilled at the same time because Scroggins knows how to defend Belfry and typically has the speed at LBer to give them fits. Had this been Etown I would have felt much more comfortable, as I am expecting yet another war between respectful rivals

When Boyle and LexCath joined 3A last year I remember so many people saying that Belfry and Central's days of being the top dogs in the class were over and yet here we are again.

 

These are the two programs that consistently win the battle at the LOS and consistently do the little things that win games such as turnover margin, special teams, and power running.

 

The amount of respect I have for Coch Scorggins is immense and I will be honest, if someone told me he would have this team in the Finals with all the talent he lost last year I am not sure I would have bought it back in the summer.

 

I am thrilled for this matchup in the sense of respect for the team and coach Belfry is playing. It is also the perfect ending for this Senior Class to play Central in order to cement their legacy.

 

With all that said, I am not thrilled at the same time because Scroggins knows how to defend Belfry and typically has the speed at LBer to give them fits. Had this been Etown I would have felt much more comfortable, as I am expecting yet another war between respectful rivals

 

I'm glad I never said that. At least I think I didn't say that.

During the 2014 finals, we stayed at the same hotel as the Central team. The night before the game, there was a hospitality room filled with Colts and Yellow Jackets parents, coaches, etc. Coach Scroggins....that guy is fabulous. After talking to some of their coaching staff, I was ready to go tackle someone. High school football could use a few more coaches like that guy. He is just dripping with class!

I'm going to have to pick against you here, Watusi! I really love the Yellowjackets!

I'm glad I never said that. At least I think I didn't say that.

I think you are safe

 

I believe you were in the camp of the path is more difficult but they have earned the respect until they are knocked off

I think you are safe

 

I believe you were in the camp of the path is more difficult but they have earned the respect until they are knocked off

 

I was thinking that is how I was. I know that is how I felt and I had a feeling Boyle County was a year or two away from being a true contender. I remember Boyle County briefly being a pleasant surprise last year but I was thinking that I never said they were ready to take the throne from Belfry or Central. Hell, I think I argued with Boyle County fans more than anyone else the last couple of years. :lol2:

I'm going to have to pick against you here, Watusi! I really love the Yellowjackets!

 

I'm with her

  • Author
I'm going to have to pick against you here, Watusi! I really love the Yellowjackets!

 

I'm with her
If they were playing anyone but Belfry I would be right there with you. I love the program and I'm a fan.

I was one of those who thought Boyle and Lexington Catholic would be on the same level as Belfry and Central and I'll man up and admit I was wrong I didn't realize how down the talent was at Boyle and how far the program had slipped but I think Coach Smith and these young players will get things back up to par at Boyle. Now that I admitted I was wrong Belfry has to be the favorite but I'm pulling for Central.

  • Author

I thought this was really funny. Somebody posted this on facebook and it tickled me.

 

15232068_627261930792622_8680316542601957776_n.jpg?oh=9b04492deceb2a46f3b8900f0f536c56&oe=58CD2125

 

Of course, Coach Haywood would not in a million years make a statement like this and Ray Justice Photography only took the pic. Somebody did a nice job though with the caption.

Game will be tight.

 

It will depend on how many fumbles Central returns for Tds. Coach Scroggins' squads have a knack for turning tos into dynamite plays.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.