Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The UNC Academic Scandal is Unique

Featured Replies

Did you guys miss the part where the basketball team is no longer named or mentioned in what the NCAA released earlier this year?

 

I honestly did miss that, but then the NCAA at this point has about as much credibility as MSNBC or the Huffington Post?

Did you guys miss the part where the basketball team is no longer named or mentioned in what the NCAA released earlier this year?

 

I remember this.

 

And I still think: "How convenient."

Did you guys miss the part where the basketball team is no longer named or mentioned in what the NCAA released earlier this year?
I remember when that came out but didn't read the story. Did they say none of the basketball players were enrolled in any of the "fake" classes?
I remember when that came out but didn't read the story. Did they say none of the basketball players were enrolled in any of the "fake" classes?

 

I think at least one was. The player who blew the initial whistle.

I think at least one was. The player who blew the initial whistle.

 

Wasn't it Rashad McCants?

So I guess it could be that even if there were players enrolled, if you removed that grade/class from their transcript they could still be eligible correct?

Wasn't it Rashad McCants?

 

Isn't he the player who said he made the Dean's List one semester and didn't attend a single class?

I can't understand how UNC maintains it's AAU (Association of American Univerties) membership in light of the scandal. Everything seems a bit seamy about how this situation is being handled on several fronts.

 

That was one of the first things I referenced when this story first came out. Schools have to have accreditation. Not sure this enough enough to make a school like UNC lose that accreditation, but there would have to be some type of consequence.

So I guess it could be that even if there were players enrolled, if you removed that grade/class from their transcript they could still be eligible correct?

 

I think that would depend on how many other classes they had that semester. For example, if they have to have 12 credits to be full-time and a course is typically worth 3 credit. If a player only had 4 classes, with this fake class being one, well take that away and they are no longer considered a full-time student.

Wasn't it Rashad McCants?

 

Isn't he the player who said he made the Dean's List one semester and didn't attend a single class?

 

I believe that both are accurate.

Like I said before, all I can say is, "How convenient."

 

I won't disagree and I said when it first came out nothing would happen because of who they are. I expected lots of trouble but the NCAA picks and chooses

That was one of the first things I referenced when this story first came out. Schools have to have accreditation. Not sure this enough enough to make a school like UNC lose that accreditation, but there would have to be some type of consequence.

 

The AAU accreditation is a requirement for entry into the Big Ten, that's not the case with the ACC. (I know Nebraska lost their accreditation after entering the B1G, but that is another issue.)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.