Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Crazy times in Nelson County

Featured Replies

Been upset about this all day. He helped us search for my missing friends several times. Good people. Lots of red flags.

Am I the only one that thinks there is something seriously wrong in Nelson Co.?

Tommy Ballard death investigation being considered possible homi - wave3.com-Louisville News, Weather & Sports

 

According to the sources, who have not been authorized to speak publicly about the investigation say that Ballard's weapon was not fired, the Kentucky Standard reports. The newspaper also reports that a source close to the family says Ballard was shot in the back, with the shot possibly going through the heart.

 

Family did confirm on Saturday that Ballard was with his grandson at the time of the incident. The family says the two were about to go hunting when the grandson returned to the vehicle they were riding in and heard a shot fire, the newspaper reported. Sources are saying the grandson was unarmed and that Ballard was waiting in the field when he was shot.

 

No suspects have been identified.

Am I the only one that thinks there is something seriously wrong in Nelson Co.?

 

Nope. Sadly, it's pretty common belief in the area. I love the community; maybe one of, if not my favorite in the entire state...Bardstown is such a cool little town, even some of the outliers like New Haven (home to one of the oldest bars/saloons in the state, The Sherwood..no TV, no bands...entertainment is conversation )..but, you were already seeing "Solve These Murders" signs in yards as you drive all over in the county & this just makes things all that much worse.

 

I can't begin to imagine the pain their family and others in the county that have had this dealt to them in recent years must be feeling.

That's creepy. It seems like someone knew he'd be out and ambushed him.

 

Same thing that happened to Officier Ellis some 3 1/2 years ago when he pulled over on the Bloomfield exit off the Bluegrass Parkway in the early morning hours to remove some brush that had deliberately been placed there. Gets out and was ambushed by a shotgun(s) from a hill above.

Crazy and sad at the same time. It seems pretty cut and dry though as to what is going on.

  • Author

 

Greeeeaaaat. This is just getting out of hand. I figure it won't be long until some Hatfield-McCoy stuff starts going down. I don't get the impression that the Ballard family has a great deal of faith in how the investigation is going. Somebody's gonna take matters into their own hands.

  • Author
Crazy and sad at the same time. It seems pretty cut and dry though as to what is going on.

 

Still gotta have proof, though.

Still gotta have proof, though.

 

I completely agree with that, the worse thing the Commonwealth Attorney can do at this point is indict someone they don't have a solid case against. I'm not sure how much independent assistance they have had in this, but personally I would be asking for every bit of help I could get from the FBI and ATF. To be honest, the DOJ probably needs to be involved as well. I have limited knowledge on what happened since I'm on the other side of the state, but it's pretty obvious to me what's going on. It's a sad situation in more ways than I care to explain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.