Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Oldham at Pulaski County Class 5A Semifinal

South Oldham at Pulaski County Class 5A Semifinal 38 members have voted

  1. 1. South Oldham at Pulaski County Class 5A Semifinal

    • South Oldham
      42%
    • Pulaski County
      57%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who do you think wins and why?

Both teams were very balanced on offense this past week. Pulaski throwing for 204 yds and rushing for 194 yds. South Oldham passed for 241 yds and rushed for 222 yds. A great win for both teams. I believe this game could come down to who has the ball last. I don't see any stats for field goals for Pulaski. Am I missing it? How is their kicking game? The weather will probably be the first colder game of the season but not forecasted for any rain. Being a homer I am taking South 45-41. Should be fun.

We also like to get to away games early and find a good local restaurant (not a chain restaurant) to try out. Any suggestions for the Pulaski area?

This should be a fun game to watch! I haven't seen either team play this year, but think both have had great seasons. Pulaski is at home and been here at least 4 straight times so I think hey are the favorite, but not by a lot!

Well 88 you called it that South would win over North Bullitt based on having more experience in closer games and I believe that had something to do with them winning a tight game. Now you are going with Pulaski for the same reason--semi finals for the fourth year in a row. I can respect that. However I do not believe this Dragon team is going to be fazed by the moment. I think this is going to be one heck of a game.

Well 88 you called it that South would win over North Bullitt based on having more experience in closer games and I believe that had something to do with them winning a tight game. Now you are going with Pulaski for the same reason--semi finals for the fourth year in a row. I can respect that. However I do not believe this Dragon team is going to be fazed by the moment. I think this is going to be one heck of a game.
He's picking them because they are at home.
Both teams were very balanced on offense this past week. Pulaski throwing for 204 yds and rushing for 194 yds. South Oldham passed for 241 yds and rushed for 222 yds. A great win for both teams. I believe this game could come down to who has the ball last. I don't see any stats for field goals for Pulaski. Am I missing it? How is their kicking game? The weather will probably be the first colder game of the season but not forecasted for any rain. Being a homer I am taking South 45-41. Should be fun.

We also like to get to away games early and find a good local restaurant (not a chain restaurant) to try out. Any suggestions for the Pulaski area?

 

Mostly Chains such as Sonny's BBQ, Cracker Barrel, Texas Roadhouse and normal Burger Chains.

 

Casa Grande a locally owned Mexican Restaurant is really good, you can Google it for Directions, it is very easy to find as it is just barely off of Hwy 27.

 

My favorite "Local" place is Downtown Deli but is only open from 9-3 and I have no idea if it will be open this Friday.

 

Jarfly Brewing Company which is downtown, should be open on Friday by around 5 p.m. Food varies as different Food Trucks are on location different nights.

  • Author

So torn on where to go this Friday. Appears that most games are going to start around the same time so that derails my plan of going to two games. This is one game I'm intrigued by.

Pulaski is at home and been here at least 4 straight times so I think hey are the favorite, but not by a lot!

 

Now you are going with Pulaski for the same reason--semi finals for the fourth year in a row. I can respect that. However I do not believe this Dragon team is going to be fazed by the moment. I think this is going to be one heck of a game.

 

He's picking them because they are at home.

 

Actually guys, its both facts you mentioned, but I stated that those 2 factors were reasons I think Pulaski is the favorite! But if I had a gun to my head, I would pick Pulaski in a VERY close game. And a part of that is not having seen South Oldham play this year. I have an idea about Pulaski's team this year from seeing them in the State Championship game last season. Good luck to both teams!

So torn on where to go this Friday. Appears that most games are going to start around the same time so that derails my plan of going to two games. This is one game I'm intrigued by.

 

Totally agree with you LV! Our 2 game play was derailed by the Fern Creek Tigers.

 

CovCath very likely would have scheduled the BG game for 3pm Friday. So you/we could have started there and made the nightcap as well! Sure was fun last year!! Maybe next year!!!!

  • Author

I'll probably be torn on where to go up until Friday morning but I'm definitely going somewhere.

Mostly Chains such as Sonny's BBQ, Cracker Barrel, Texas Roadhouse and normal Burger Chains.

 

Casa Grande a locally owned Mexican Restaurant is really good, you can Google it for Directions, it is very easy to find as it is just barely off of Hwy 27.

 

My favorite "Local" place is Downtown Deli but is only open from 9-3 and I have no idea if it will be open this Friday.

 

Jarfly Brewing Company which is downtown, should be open on Friday by around 5 p.m. Food varies as different Food Trucks are on location different nights.

 

Thanks for the ideas. Looking forward to it.

Actually guys, its both facts you mentioned, but I stated that those 2 factors were reasons I think Pulaski is the favorite! But if I had a gun to my head, I would pick Pulaski in a VERY close game. And a part of that is not having seen South Oldham play this year. I have an idea about Pulaski's team this year from seeing them in the State Championship game last season. Good luck to both teams!

 

 

I was getting on to say the same thing -- there were two factors you mentioned. And they should be the favorite at this point. Home and being in the semi-finals four years in a row the experience counts for something.

I think everyone outside of the Pulaski county/somerset area gets caught up in the "Pulaski doesn't have Riley Hall theory" He was no doubt a Outstanding player and even better individual, but with that being said the Maroons returned alot of starters on both sides of the ball including Mr> Football candidate Jake Johnson and these seniors have played in big games all their careers. They have several play-makers on both sides of the ball- its no surprise that they made it to the State semi-finals once again.

Christian County and Owensboro have to be looking at this Semi-Final all kinds of upset.

 

"You get to play them in the Semi-Finals while we had to play Bowling Green?!?!???!"

The South Oldham Dragons (#5 AP) take their 12-1 record on the road against the #9 (AP) ranked Pulaski County Maroons this Friday in one of the two Class 5A playoffs.

 

South Oldham has its best record in school history, and is in the semi-finals for only the second time in school history; the last time was in 1992.

 

Pulaski County (11-2) is fresh off a minor upset(?), defeating Southwestern last week 41-27 after losing to SW in the regular season.

 

Both teams feature prolific offenses and opportunistic defenses.

 

Who wins?

 

The game will be broadcast LIVE (and also archived) on The Pegasus Sports Network - PSN. The broadcast will be VIDEO, beginning at 7 pm ET this Friday.

 

CM

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.