Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross at Danville Class 2A Semifinal

Covington Holy Cross at Danville Class 2A Semifinal 98 members have voted

  1. 1. Covington Holy Cross at Danville Class 2A Semifinal

    • Covington Holy Cross
      37%
    • Danville
      62%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Team speed always gets teams when they play Danville. People know Vancleave is fast but they put 5 guys out there every play that if you're out of position or miss a tackle its 6. And on Vancleave, fastest kid I have seen in a while, and will make you miss, looks like a video game at times. As I said I think the Ads win they are hungry after last year. And though there are two big backs I find it real hard to believe if you can't throw on them I don't think you can just smash mouth them.

 

I understand why you think Danville can spread HC out and move the ball but HC can cover and bring pressure HC's D doesn't get any credit but its the main reason we are in the semifinals we play good D.

  • Replies 109
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand why you think Danville can spread HC out and move the ball but HC can cover and bring pressure HC's D doesn't get any credit but its the main reason we are in the semifinals we play good D.

 

I think you guys have a good defense if not I think Danville would win going away. One thing that is really not noted is how accurate Dampier is and that he doesn't get rattled much.

There's a lot of talking. If nothing else, it will make for an interesting game next week. I can't wait.

 

Yes it will and I can't wait. I wish everyone comes out of the healthy and HC has a game in Bowling Green.

I understand why you think Danville can spread HC out and move the ball but HC can cover and bring pressure HC's D doesn't get any credit but its the main reason we are in the semifinals we play good D.

 

You'll get to find out what kind of speed they have on defense Friday night.

I think you guys have a good defense if not I think Danville would win going away. One thing that is really not noted is how accurate Dampier is and that he doesn't get rattled much.

 

I think HC will respect every option the offense has. We need to just do our jods and tackle.

I think if I'm in Holy Cross shoes, I'd make Danville beat me thru the air. Focus on playing good, solid run D 1st and foremost and stay at home. Don't do much blitzing and stay at home. I think a lot of Danville's big plays come from improvising and taking advantage of over pursuit. If they make you pay thru the air, so be it. I think you'll get a lot less explosive plays against you that way rather than being overly aggressive.

 

On the other side, Danville needs to put 8 in the box and utilize there team speed on defense to force HC to have to throw it some. Primary focus on good, sound tackling and force them to put together long, sustained drives, which is hard to do consistently for 4 quarters.

Watching film, it looks to me like Holy Cross will be too big and strong for Danville. Danville's passing attack from what I was able to see on film does not look good enough to win this game for them. Danville's passing attack is their key to victory.

Yes, Holy Cross should let Danville beat them through the air. Please take that approach.

 

I can't wait until Friday night.

Yes, Holy Cross should let Danville beat them through the air. Please take that approach.

 

I can't wait until Friday night.

 

Sarcasm aside, the way to attack the Holy Cross defense is through the air. Holy Cross is not going to change their defense. If you have a good enough passing attack you can beat them through the air. You are obviously very confident in Danville's passing attack so that should bode well for the Admirals and this matchup.

Sarcasm aside, the way to attack the Holy Cross defense is through the air. Holy Cross is not going to change their defense. If you have a good enough passing attack you can beat them through the air. You are obviously very confident in Danville's passing attack so that should bode well for the Admirals and this matchup.

 

If that's the way to beat Holy Cross...then Holy Cross is in trouble.

If that's the way to beat Holy Cross...then Holy Cross is in trouble.

 

How much of Danville's passing attack is downfield versus bubble screens, quick outs/slants and extended hand off type throws?

HC has 2 rb's that go 240+ lbs... We have coined a phrase "Grown men running down hill at little kids" as a reference to the size of our backs in high school and nothing more.

 

Got it, just telling you how it came across to me when I first read it. Good luck Indians!

I cheer for all NKY teams this time of year. Lamontab is proud of his kids and rightfully so, but it might be best to keep your rhetoric to yourself. You are giving the other team bulletin board material and it is unnecessary. Danville has played better teams and NCC is the only team HC has beaten this year that could be playing this time of year. I wish HC the best, but let's leave it to the coaches and the kids to settle this one instead of inflaming your opponent and giving them extra motivation

How much of Danville's passing attack is downfield versus bubble screens, quick outs/slants and extended hand off type throws?

 

It's a combination of both and they have speed at every position.

And by speed, I mean every offensive player is a threat to take it to the house.

 

When VanCleave even touches the ball, there are already fans screaming "he's gone". He's that fast

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.