Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross at Danville Class 2A Semifinal

Covington Holy Cross at Danville Class 2A Semifinal 98 members have voted

  1. 1. Covington Holy Cross at Danville Class 2A Semifinal

    • Covington Holy Cross
      37%
    • Danville
      62%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I know one thing...if I was coming into Danville Friday night, I wouldn't be filling their bulletin boards up with motivation.

 

Yessir, just thinking the same.

  • Replies 109
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar played teams. HC beat Walton V 13-10. LCA beat Walton V 51-9. Ads just beat LCA. Will be a good game but due to these scores, not sure why iamontab is overconfident. They have to be a good team to make the semis but He makes them sound like Alabama which they are not. Also if your RB is better than Wheatley, why did they smash you?

 

I don't think he's overconfident I think he's delusional or very young.

I'll root for HC but your disrespect of Danville is bad form. The Admirals are a hell of a team and like adtimes10 says, lots of team speed.

 

How did I disrespect Danville? Admittedly they are very good but I think HC's speed is being ignored.

How did I disrespect Danville? Admittedly they are very good but I think HC's speed is being ignored.

 

500 lbs of grown men running over little kids...

 

No disrespect there at all.

How did I disrespect Danville? Admittedly they are very good but I think HC's speed is being ignored.

 

I took your "little kids" reference as meaning Danville.

I don't think he's overconfident I think he's delusional or very young.

 

That wasn't very nice or accurate?

I took your "little kids" reference as meaning Danville.

 

HC has 2 rb's that go 240+ lbs... We have coined a phrase "Grown men running down hill at little kids" as a reference to the size of our backs in high school and nothing more.

That wasn't very nice or accurate?

 

You come across way to cocky to be a seasoned veteran, your gonna have alot of crow to eat if Danville wins.

You come across way to cocky to be a seasoned veteran, your gonna have alot of crow to eat if Danville wins.

 

So you would consider me more cocky than all the Danville fans that give HC no chance?

 

I beleive HC can run the ball on anyone and play fast physical D...

This should be a great game. Let's all keep it cordial/fun. Congrats to both teams on making it to the semis!

IMO, Danville has played the tougher schedule. I believe Southwestern, Corbin and LCA are better teams than anyone Holy Cross has played. Beechwood and Taft are the best 2 teams on HCs schedule. I'd compare NCC pretty equal with Boyle Co, so, imo, the Ads have played 4 teams better than HC and they ended 2-2 against those. Against the 4 best teams HC has played, they're 1-3. That and home field advantage gives the upper hand to Danville. I do think HC is good enough to be very competitive and keep it close, so, anything could happen, but, I'm going to go with the Ads getting more big plays and ultimately wins the game 28-21..

IMO, Danville has played the tougher schedule. I believe Southwestern, Corbin and LCA are better teams than anyone Holy Cross has played. Beechwood and Taft are the best 2 teams on HCs schedule. I'd compare NCC pretty equal with Boyle Co, so, imo, the Ads have played 4 teams better than HC and they ended 2-2 against those. Against the 4 best teams HC has played, they're 1-3. That and home field advantage gives the upper hand to Danville. I do think HC is good enough to be very competitive and keep it close, so, anything could happen, but, I'm going to go with the Ads getting more big plays and ultimately wins the game 28-21..

Home field advantage doesn't matter for holy cross.. they don't have a home field. every game is a away game lol

Team speed always gets teams when they play Danville. People know Vancleave is fast but they put 5 guys out there every play that if you're out of position or miss a tackle its 6. And on Vancleave, fastest kid I have seen in a while, and will make you miss, looks like a video game at times. As I said I think the Ads win they are hungry after last year. And though there are two big backs I find it real hard to believe if you can't throw on them I don't think you can just smash mouth them.

I think Danville's passing prowess will be tough for HC to defend. If they can get a turnover or two, their ground game could make for a lot of long possessions and clock control. If not, the Admirals are going to win this hard fought battle.

There's a lot of talking. If nothing else, it will make for an interesting game next week. I can't wait.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.