Mayfield vs Graves Co.

just 4 fun

I just talked to Adam tonight and he told me that Landon Heath is just out with a messed up MCL and he would be out for a couple of games!! He won't be in this game unfortunately but he will be back for the playoffs it looks like, :).

That is correct...I just heard from a very reliable source that Landon does not have a tear in the MCL and is not season ending...but he will miss a few games, but hopefully will be back in time for district play and the playoffs later on this season. Thank goodness for the team and more importantly for Landon that his senior season is not totally gone and that he will put on the red and black again this year for the Cards!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is correct...I just heard from a very reliable source that Landon does not have a tear in the MCL and is not season ending...but he will miss a few games, but hopefully will be back in time for district play and the playoffs later on this season. Thank goodness for the team and more importantly for Landon that his senior season is not totally gone and that he will put on the red and black again this year for the Cards!!!

This is great news...Landon is one heck of a lineman and his absense would be very hard to replace...Hopefully, with him being out a few games, it will give some of the other lineman some much needed experience which will only help later on onto the season...

I think it all boils down to Mayfield stopping the Graves running game. The Eagles like to run, and so far they haven't had anyone successful at totally stopping it. Both teams have good momentum. But this is usually Mayfield's game to lose. A Graves win means more to their players and fans than it does Mayfield's. That's cuz Graves rarely wins this game...

Well bad as I hate it I will have to miss this one which is rare for me, I wonder If I will be the only guy in all of Graves County that won't get to be there but so goes it, I have no choice. Thankfully, I will have 2 great stations to follow up on how it is going, guess I will have Vince in one ear and Dave and Leahy in the other. We are lucky to have to great crews that broadcast Cards game. Vince is a diehard Cardinal from birth and keeps me rolling with his play by play, Leahy on the other hand brings in that coaches perspective and knowledge that is second to none that tells it like it is, good or bad.

I saw where the other thread got locked for some reason. so, let's open it up here..What's everyone's thought on this game? IMO, it'll come down to Mayfields line being able to contain the bigger and deeper Graves line. The Eagles play smash mouth football and I feel they will be able to put up some points against the Cards, but, I think Mayfield's speed and ability to mix the pass and run, will also put some points up. Should be a very good game, especially being a crosstown rivalry and high intensity. I like Mayfield to win in a pretty close game...31 to 21....
Hearing the terms Graves Co. and "smash mouth football" in the same sentence cracks me up. Graves has improved and is heading in the right direction, but don't get all crazy just yet. This game should be good with the injury riddled 1A Cards winning a close one over the big 4A/6A Buzzards. Remember, this is like a state championship game for Graves so they will be pumped.

Better enjoy Paul and Dave while you can... I heard them say during the Caldwell game at the aliance bowl, they were on there farewell tour... not sure what that means...

Humm, I haven't heard that, wonder why they would be quitting? They have a great thing going.

From what I understand, Dave may get out after this year for family reasons. He and his wife adopted a little girl from overseas a couple of years ago and may be looking to do so again. Dave used to do a lot of high school basketball and his weekly football show, but he has scaled things back in recent years as his family obligations increased.

Could it be that Leahy is considering coming out of retirement and getting back into coaching??...I sure wish he would and come back to Mayfield as the head man...Nothing against Joe, it just seemed like the players responded better to Leahy and there were alot less disciplinary issues..just my opinion...

True and I doubt it myself...but, you never know...when its in your blood its sometimes hard to stay away from and maybe he's getting that itch.

Yeah, but Joe is pretty engrained in the system now and he has his Dad as a coach too so I doubt it will happen.

Yeah, but Joe is pretty engrained in the system now and he has his Dad as a coach too so I doubt it will happen.

Maybe he's just got the itch period and not neccessarily just for the Mayfield job...I'd bet there would be lots of interest from alot of schools if the word was out that he wanted to get back into it...