6A playoffs, first round, running clock games. My predictions.

All Tell

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the first round games are not too exciting, but doesn't every team in every other sport make the playoffs in some way?

Basketball, Baseball, and Soccer all allow every team into the playoffs, right?

I'm not saying it's right, but why should football be different from the other sports?

I understand the first round games are not too exciting, but doesn't every team in every other sport make the playoffs in some way?

Basketball, Baseball, and Soccer all allow every team into the playoffs, right?

I'm not saying it's right, but why should football be different from the other sports?

When football can play multiple games every week then football can be compared to every other sport.

When football can play multiple games every week then football can be compared to every other sport.

What exactly are we trying to accomplish by not allowing all teams into the playoffs? Are we trying to shorten the season by one game or avoid the blowouts that come with some first round games?

I have no clue what the answer is, but when you have a 1-9 Jeffersontown team that in 6 of those 10 games didn't even put points on the board, and they make the playoffs.................you have an issue.

So for you it is a deserving issue. So what happens in a division where there is a 3 way tie? How do you determine who deserves and who doesn't? You can't just eliminate the schools that fit your criteria it would be all of the 4 seeds including a team like PRP.

Also you would lose one game a year on the varsity schedule along with it's revenue. Are you OK with that?

It's pretty simple actually. The KHSAA dictates the admission fees and it's all about the gate $$. Passes or individual team clubs that pay a club fee for admission all year still has to pay admission to each playoff game. The ticket prices are dictated by KHSAA not the individual school. Once you calculate the travel cost spent by the 3 and 4 seeds it's not a good deal for these schools. Money spent and usually another embarrassing loss.

It's pretty simple actually. The KHSAA dictates the admission fees and it's all about the gate $$. Passes or individual team clubs that pay a club fee for admission all year still has to pay admission to each playoff game. The ticket prices are dictated by KHSAA not the individual school. Once you calculate the travel cost spent by the 3 and 4 seeds it's not a good deal for these schools. Money spent and usually another embarrassing loss.

Khsaa pays travel in the playoffs

Not entirely true. They give a school x dollars per travel party member capping at a predetermined number. For the most part is doesn't cover actual costs.

I know exactly how and how much. Downhill Thunder does not. The "actually simple" quote by him isn't actually so simple since he and most people don't know all the details.

Not every school who fields a football team needs to make the playoffs. Schools with 0 wins or even just a couple wins shouldn't have to go out for 1 more beat down.

Don't have districts. No reason we can't just have regions and get the top 8 from each region instead of having districts. No real reason to have 6 classes either. 5 classes would strengthen things a bit.

What does being able to play multiple games in a week have anything to do with making the playoffs?

Not sure of the connection...

It's the comparison to other sports. You've said that all football teams should make the playoffs because all teams in other sports do. If basketball, baseball etc. could only play one game a week all teams couldn't make the playoffs. For what it's worth I would have no issue if fewer teams made playoffs in those sports either.

I think football season is to long and that 15 games is to many. Top 2 from each district and we're done by Thanksgiving.

And yes, I think basketball season is to long as well.