6A playoffs, first round, running clock games. My predictions.

All Tell

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the first round games are not too exciting, but doesn't every team in every other sport make the playoffs in some way?

Basketball, Baseball, and Soccer all allow every team into the playoffs, right?

I'm not saying it's right, but why should football be different from the other sports?

Every other sport has a tourney bracket for district also. Apples and oranges. Football is all its own. If you can't compete on regular season what makes you think you can in playoffs?

It's pretty simple actually. The KHSAA dictates the admission fees and it's all about the gate $$. Passes or individual team clubs that pay a club fee for admission all year still has to pay admission to each playoff game. The ticket prices are dictated by KHSAA not the individual school. Once you calculate the travel cost spent by the 3 and 4 seeds it's not a good deal for these schools. Money spent and usually another embarrassing loss.

I believe this in NOT true as region final with McCracken vs CHHS admission was cheaper than playoffs at CHHS and coach's pass still got cardholder in free.

Every other sport has a tourney bracket for district also. Apples and oranges. Football is all its own. If you can't compete on regular season what makes you think you can in playoffs?

But still everyone is in the playoffs regardless of their own district tournament or not. Which means every team is given an opportunity to win a championship.