Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How good are you versus Vegas?

Featured Replies

I'm in a weekly pick all NFL games using the spread. I'm currently tied for 12th place at 46-46.

The leader is 53-39 (57.6% correct).

There are 51 players in this league. 38 players are below .500%

Worse is 31-61.

 

What's the juice at Vegas 5%?

Only 3 guys are above that. Most could reverse their picks and could do better.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not many better than Vegas, especially playing every game on the card. Most handicappers or veteran betters will tell you to limit your quantity of bets.

My family (some of my cousins and Uncles) does a big contest picking games straight up without the spread. Over the 5 years the best I've done is 72%. This year I'm at 60%. Vegas is really tough to beat.

You need to hit 52.4% of your bets to break even. If I could just learn to bet the opposite of what I feel I would have some spending cash.

Books make their money on people that chase their losses and try to double their wins.

  • Author
You need to hit 52.4% of your bets to break even. If I could just learn to bet the opposite of what I feel I would have some spending cash.

Thought the % to beat was 5%?

Let's see how it goes....

 

Cleveland @ Cincinnati (-10) - Cleveland

Chicago @ Green Bay (-7.5) - Green Bay

New England @ Pittsburgh (+7.5) - Pittsburgh

New York Giants @ LA Rams (+3) - Rams

New Orleans @ Kansas City (-6.5) - Chiefs

Indianapolis @ Tennessee (-2.5) - Colts

Minnesota @ Philadelphia (+2.5) - Minnesota

Washington @ Detroit (-1.5) - Washington

Oakland @ Jacksonville (-1) - Jacksonville

Buffalo @ Miami (+3) - Miami

Baltimore @ New York Jets (Even) - Jets

Tampa Bay @ San Francisco (+2) - 49ers

San Diego @ Atlanta (-6.5) - Atlanta

Seattle @ Arizona (-1.5) - Arizona

Houston @ Denver (-7.5) - Denver

I was lucky my parents paid for my college education. Even luckier, because every extra cent I could come up with went to the local guy. How good am I against Vegas? Bad. Real bad.

Let's see how it goes....

 

Cleveland @ Cincinnati (-10) - Cleveland

Chicago @ Green Bay (-7.5) - Green Bay

New England @ Pittsburgh (+7.5) - Pittsburgh

New York Giants @ LA Rams (+3) - Rams

New Orleans @ Kansas City (-6.5) - Chiefs

Indianapolis @ Tennessee (-2.5) - Colts

Minnesota @ Philadelphia (+2.5) - Minnesota

Washington @ Detroit (-1.5) - Washington

Oakland @ Jacksonville (-1) - Jacksonville

Buffalo @ Miami (+3) - Miami

Baltimore @ New York Jets (Even) - Jets

Tampa Bay @ San Francisco (+2) - 49ers

San Diego @ Atlanta (-6.5) - Atlanta

Seattle @ Arizona (-1.5) - Arizona

Houston @ Denver (-7.5) - Denver

 

 

I'm curious. Plus this is like gambling for free. No risk. No reward.

 

 

 

 

Cleveland @ Cincinnati (-10) - Cincinnati

Chicago @ Green Bay (-7.5) - Chicago

New England @ Pittsburgh (+7.5) - New England

New York Giants @ LA Rams (+3) - Los Angeles

New Orleans @ Kansas City (-6.5) - New Orleans

Indianapolis @ Tennessee (-2.5) - Tennessee

Minnesota @ Philadelphia (+2.5) - Minnesota

Washington @ Detroit (-1.5) - Washington

Oakland @ Jacksonville (-1) - Jacksonville

Buffalo @ Miami (+3) - Miami

Baltimore @ New York Jets (Even) - Baltimore

Tampa Bay @ San Francisco (+2) - San Francisco

San Diego @ Atlanta (-6.5) - Atlanta

Seattle @ Arizona (-1.5) - Arizona

Houston @ Denver (-7.5) - Denver

Let's see how it goes....

 

Cleveland @ Cincinnati (-10) - Cleveland

Chicago @ Green Bay (-7.5) - Green Bay

New England @ Pittsburgh (+7.5) - Pittsburgh

New York Giants @ LA Rams (+3) - Rams

New Orleans @ Kansas City (-6.5) - Chiefs

Indianapolis @ Tennessee (-2.5) - Colts

Minnesota @ Philadelphia (+2.5) - Minnesota

Washington @ Detroit (-1.5) - Washington

Oakland @ Jacksonville (-1) - Jacksonville

Buffalo @ Miami (+3) - Miami

Baltimore @ New York Jets (Even) - Jets

Tampa Bay @ San Francisco (+2) - 49ers

San Diego @ Atlanta (-6.5) - Atlanta

Seattle @ Arizona (-1.5) - Arizona

Houston @ Denver (-7.5) - Denver

 

I'm game.

Cleveland @ Cincinnati (-10) - Cleveland

Chicago @ Green Bay (-7.5) - Green Bay

New England @ Pittsburgh (+7.5) - New England

New York Giants @ LA Rams (+3) - Rams

New Orleans @ Kansas City (-6.5) - Chiefs

Indianapolis @ Tennessee (-2.5) - Colts

Minnesota @ Philadelphia (+2.5) - Minnesota

Washington @ Detroit (-1.5) - Washington

Oakland @ Jacksonville (-1) - Oakland

Buffalo @ Miami (+3) - Buffalo

Baltimore @ New York Jets (Even) - Ravens

Tampa Bay @ San Francisco (+2) - 49ers

San Diego @ Atlanta (-6.5) - Atlanta

Seattle @ Arizona (-1.5) - Arizona

Houston @ Denver (-7.5) - Denver

I was lucky my parents paid for my college education. Even luckier, because every extra cent I could come up with went to the local guy. How good am I against Vegas? Bad. Real bad.

 

 

I did well for a while...REALLY well. Then I put a ton on what I thought was a sure thing and got burned.

I did well for a while...REALLY well. Then I put a ton on what I thought was a sure thing and got burned.

 

My story exactly. Going to college outside of Philly meant I knew a lot of guys who "had a guy". So me and a friend split the betting...we'd each put in half and split the winnings. We did really well for about 5 weeks...and I mean really well. Then we had a few bad weeks, and doubled down on the Lions at home vs Tampa. The Lions were unbeatable at home and very good (This was during the early 90's) Tampa was terrible on the road and a bad team. The "we can't lose bet" ended up losing, and we immediately got out of the NFL gambling game a few hundred down. I haven't bet football or any sports since (aside from my DFS addiction and a couple trips to Vegas during March Madness).

  • Author

Those 'guys' are still around if you need a fix. Lol

I'll play along

 

Cleveland @ Cincinnati (-10) - Cincinnati

Chicago @ Green Bay (-7.5) - Chicago

New England @ Pittsburgh (+7.5) - New England

New York Giants @ LA Rams (+3) - Giants

New Orleans @ Kansas City (-6.5) - KC

Indianapolis @ Tennessee (-2.5) - Indy

Minnesota @ Philadelphia (+2.5) - Philly

Washington @ Detroit (-1.5) - Washington

Oakland @ Jacksonville (-1) - Jacksonville

Buffalo @ Miami (+3) - Buffalo

Baltimore @ New York Jets (Even) - Baltimore

Tampa Bay @ San Francisco (+2) - Tampa

San Diego @ Atlanta (-6.5) - San Diego

Seattle @ Arizona (-1.5) - Arizona

Houston @ Denver (-7.5) - Denver

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.