Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Cats Pause

Featured Replies

Mason County plays a lot of games vs NKY schools this year so it should be fun to watch some of the match ups:

 

MC @ Dixie Heights - 12/3

Holmes @ MC - 12/5

MC @ Ryle - 12/8

MC @ Boone Co. - 12/16

MC @ Highlands - 1/12/17

Campbell Co. @ MC - 1/28

MC @ Scott High - 1/31

MC @ Simon Kenton - 2/11

  • Replies 152
  • Views 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason County plays a lot of games vs NKY schools this year so it should be fun to watch some of the match ups:

 

MC @ Dixie Heights - 12/3

Holmes @ MC - 12/5

MC @ Ryle - 12/8

MC @ Boone Co. - 12/16

MC @ Highlands - 1/12/17

Campbell Co. @ MC - 1/28

MC @ Scott High - 1/31

MC @ Simon Kenton - 2/11

 

I left out the 2 games in the Murph Classic:

Holy Cross @ MC - 12/22

Conner @ MC - 12/23

Some things brewing at NCC that may help them move up the rankings in my opinion.

Some things brewing at NCC that may help them move up the rankings in my opinion.

 

What's brewing at NCC?

What's brewing at NCC?

 

Heard they already got a commitment from Mika Freppon to play this year. Really athletic and long volleyball player that has some nice bball experience in the past.

 

Also heard Rachel McDonald (Drew's sister) is supposed to let the staff know today whether she is playing. Another really athletic and long volleyball player.

 

Also heard Rice rejoined the team this week.

 

If that all pans out, they would rival HC for the biggest and longest team in the region. And makes them even more athletic. This would definitely push them up the ranks in my opinion.

I left out the 2 games in the Murph Classic:

Holy Cross @ MC - 12/22

Conner @ MC - 12/23

 

I will predict MC to have a 7-3 record vs. their NKY competition. Should be lots of quality games for this senior laden team.

I will predict MC to have a 7-3 record vs. their NKY competition. Should be lots of quality games for this senior laden team.

 

Interesting. Besides Simon Kenton possibly, and maybe Holmes, who else do you see them losing too? 8-2, possibly 9-1 seems more reasonable here. Seems like the 9th is pretty down this year. No offense to anyone, just reading through threads and what I know about players.

Edited by hydraman
Typo

Heard they already got a commitment from Mika Freppon to play this year. Really athletic and long volleyball player that has some nice bball experience in the past.

 

Also heard Rachel McDonald (Drew's sister) is supposed to let the staff know today whether she is playing. Another really athletic and long volleyball player.

 

Also heard Rice rejoined the team this week.

 

If that all pans out, they would rival HC for the biggest and longest team in the region. And makes them even more athletic. This would definitely push them up the ranks in my opinion.

 

As much as they would like that neither Mika nor Rachel are playing.

I think volleyball is hurting basketball with these club coaches not allowing flexibility when is comes to high school sports.

As much as they would like that neither Mika nor Rachel are playing.

I think volleyball is hurting basketball with these club coaches not allowing flexibility when is comes to high school sports.

 

I heard last night they both decided not to play now. It is a shame. Would love to see both of them on the court

 

What about Rice. Any update on her?

I heard last night they both decided not to play now. It is a shame. Would love to see both of them on the court

 

What about Rice. Any update on her?

 

Rice is back and playing, they will be pretty young.

I think volleyball is hurting basketball with these club coaches not allowing flexibility when is comes to high school sports.

 

I don't necessarily think it is all on the club volleyball coaches. Playing two full-time sports concurrently is too much on their bodies. Also doesn't leave much time to study.

I don't necessarily think it is all on the club volleyball coaches. Playing two full-time sports concurrently is too much on their bodies. Also doesn't leave much time to study.

 

From the players I talk to its the club volleyball coach that tells them its either volleyball or basketball.

NKYVC coaches will dictate that but other clubs will work around it if girls play school sports.

You are correct its NKYVC coaches, I wish KHSAA would get involved but they can't even up hold their own rules.

NKYVC coaches will dictate that but other clubs will work around it if girls play school sports.

 

That may have been in the past, but don't think it's like that anymore. That said, I've never heard of anyone leaving club volleyball to focus on school basketball. But there are lots of examples of good to great school basketball players leaving for club volleyball - usually in the 8th or 9th grade.

 

You are correct its NKYVC coaches, I wish KHSAA would get involved but they can't even up hold their own rules.

 

Why would you want the KHSAA involved in private club sports?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.