Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Killed By Police

Featured Replies

Here is a website that tracks every person killed by police. I urge you to look at it and then read the articles they link to it and some even have follow up articles.

 

I will ask those that support the protests of the police over the killings of citizens, why are there not protests of all these people? I would also urge you to look at each one and compare.

 

Killed By Police - 2016

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! That is a lot of shootings with no noise involved.

Ask the media...

I don't want to speak for everyone but maybe I think different than everyone. When a white person is killed by a cop, I think criminal probably had it coming. When a black person gets killed by police, I think criminal probably had it coming. There are obviously exceptions, but I guess I trust police more than most people and give them the benefit of the doubt. Most of the videos we have seen with the rioting, if we put a white person in the shoes of the deceased black man, I wouldn't be upset.

I don't want to speak for everyone but maybe I think different than everyone. When a white person is killed by a cop, I think criminal probably had it coming. When a black person gets killed by police, I think criminal probably had it coming. There are obviously exceptions, but I guess I trust police more than most people and give them the benefit of the doubt. Most of the videos we have seen with the rioting, if we put a white person in the shoes of the deceased black man, I wouldn't be upset.

 

It's good that you are able to trust the police. We all should be able to do that.

It's good that you are able to trust the police. We all should be able to do that.

 

That being said, I have never been a black man and all my thoughts come from white privilege.

It's good that you are able to trust the police. We all should be able to do that.

I don't understand why police actions in Tulsa or Charlotte would make a person in Louisville distrust their police.

 

A high school football coach in Oregon was charged with assaulting a player. I did not pull my son off of his Kentucky team because I no longer trust the coach.

 

If you have a beef with the police where you live, I can see where there would be distrust. But actions by police in other states has nothing to do with policing in Kentucky, which by the way has been documented as having one of the best training models for police officers in the United States.

I don't understand why police actions in Tulsa or Charlotte would make a person in Louisville distrust their police.

 

A high school football coach in Oregon was charged with assaulting a player. I did not pull my son off of his Kentucky team because I no longer trust the coach.

 

If you have a beef with the police where you live, I can see where there would be distrust. But actions by police in other states has nothing to do with policing in Kentucky, which by the way has been documented as having one of the best training models for police officers in the United States.

 

I don't necessarily distrust the police in Louisville, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about what may happen the next time I get pulled over.

I don't necessarily distrust the police in Louisville, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about what may happen the next time I get pulled over.

 

Same here. It only takes one time.

 

My youngest just started driving and we had The Talk last week and it wasn't about sex. I also told him to ask the officers if he can call me if he is scared or worried.

I don't necessarily distrust the police in Louisville, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about what may happen the next time I get pulled over.

I cannot relate. Doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

 

But I feel pretty darned confident that if you are pulled over, we'll be reading your thread about it in here the next day instead of your obit.

I cannot relate. Doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

 

But I feel pretty darned confident that if you are pulled over, we'll be reading your thread about it in here the next day instead of your obit.

 

If you're white, that's probably why you can't relate, IMO.

 

If you're black, I wish I had your confidence.

 

You're probably right, I would likely be able to post here about it the next day, but as PP said, it only takes one, and that one isn't in our control. I cannot ignore that possibility.

  • Author

You guys should keep a daily track of this. Read the stories that accompany the entries. Its very eye opening.

  • Author
Ask the media...

 

The media dont protest......

The media dont protest......

 

Right. But the media does pick and choose which ones to push. If you expect the majority of Americans to do their own research you're naive.

  • Author
Right. But the media does pick and choose which ones to push. If you expect the majority of Americans to do their own research you're naive.

 

Really just trying to get the posters here to do some. Not saying all these police killings are warranted either. Just saying here is a website that tracks it with alot of facts. The media would be well served to read it also.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.