NKY Power Rankings 09-28-16 - Sponsored by NKY Family & Cosmetic Dentistry

All of the teams in NKY have made it to the halfway mark of the season...so here's how I would say things stand in the region, top to bottom:

1) Ryle

2) Simon Kenton

3) Cooper

4) Covington Catholic

5) Conner

6) Campbell County

7) Highlands

8) Beechwood

9) Newport Catholic

10) Holy Cross

11) Dixie Heights

12) Lloyd Memorial

13) Boone County

14) Walton-Verona

15) Holmes

16) Gallatin County

17) Ludlow

18) Grant County

19) Scott

20) Bracken County

21) Bishop Brossart

22) Carroll County

23) Owen County

24) Pendleton County

25) Dayton

26) Bellevue

27) Newport

I think Scott should be at 14. And everything else looks pretty good

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your thinking, but using that line of logic alone it would make it 100% impossible for Cov Cath to ever get ranked higher than Cooper since there is never an opportunity for either team to knock the other one out of their standing. For that matter, there's not any basis for being able to rank Beechwood above Walton-Verona...or Carroll County...or Boone County.

Let me ask you this...Cov Cath hasn't beaten Highlands since 2006. Would you put Highlands above Cov Cath in the rankings?

Absolutely. Covcath doesn't have a good win.

It's clear to most that SK and Ryle are the cream of the crop thus far. Yes, they will get to settle it on the field. Until then, what would make anyone think that Ryle is better than SK. We have the last win in the series (several, I believe), we're undefeated and own the district.

All of the teams in NKY have made it to the halfway mark of the season...so here's how I would say things stand in the region, top to bottom:

1) Ryle

2) Simon Kenton

3) Cooper

4) Covington Catholic

5) Conner

6) Campbell County

7) Highlands

8) Beechwood

9) Newport Catholic

10) Holy Cross

11) Dixie Heights

12) Lloyd Memorial

13) Boone County

14) Walton-Verona

15) Holmes

16) Gallatin County

17) Ludlow

18) Grant County

19) Scott

20) Bracken County

21) Bishop Brossart

22) Carroll County

23) Owen County

24) Pendleton County

25) Dayton

26) Bellevue

27) Newport

I would reserve placing Ryle at the top spot. As I have posted on another thread, they have not really played a team that justifies a top ranking. To this point, they have had a very soft schedule and they should have another easy win with GRC who has only won a few games over the last 3 years. Ryle looked unstoppable last year until they ran into Cooper and came away with loss. I honestly do not think Ryle should look passed Cooper to SK because Cooper has beaten them 3 of the last 4 times they played? I think SK stays on top until someone beats them, just my opinion.

It's clear to most that SK and Ryle are the cream of the crop thus far. Yes, they will get to settle it on the field. Until then, what would make anyone think that Ryle is better than SK. We have the last win in the series (several, I believe), we're undefeated and own the district.

I would rank Ryle ahead of SK because Highlands scored 56 on SK and only scored 7 on Ryles varsity.

I would rank Ryle ahead of SK because Highlands scored 56 on SK and only scored 7 on Ryles varsity.

Both teams won at Highlands. Both by lopsided scores. SK didn't bring the defense the first half but took care of business. I wouldn't pick one over the other based on what they did against a below average (for them) Highlands team.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixing Quote

I would reserve placing Ryle at the top spot. As I have posted on another thread, they have not really played a team that justifies a top ranking. To this point, they have had a very soft schedule and they should have another easy win with GRC who has only won a few games over the last 3 years. Ryle looked unstoppable last year until they ran into Cooper and came away with loss. I honestly do not think Ryle should look passed Cooper to SK because Cooper has beaten them 3 of the last 4 times they played? I think SK stays on top until someone beats them, just my opinion.

No chance they are looking past Cooper. Everyone remembers losing to our brother.

Both teams won at Highlands. Both by lopsided scores. SK didn't bring the defense the first half but took care of business. I wouldn't pick one over the other based on what they did against a below average (for them) Highlands team.

No Ryle beat Highlands at Ryle!

More cheap shots at Highlands huh. Your good at that. Must have took several beatings by them lol.

More cheap shots at Highlands huh. Your good at that. Must have took several beatings by them lol.

Where's the cheap shot at Highlands? NKY Bandit said this year's team is below average for Highlands. I think that's pretty darn accurate. Would you say otherwise?

I think what we have here is yet another case of Highlands fans being hyper-sensitive to criticism because they haven't really ever had anything to be criticized for over the last decade or more. Or maybe I could more accurately say, "they can dish it out, but they can't take it".

Where's the cheap shot at Highlands? NKY Bandit said this year's team is below average for Highlands. I think that's pretty darn accurate. Would you say otherwise?

I think what we have here is yet another case of Highlands fans being hyper-sensitive to criticism because they haven't really ever had anything to be criticized for over the last decade or more. Or maybe I could more accurately say, "they can dish it out, but they can't take it".

No bud just gets old reading the same ole bashing on a highlands team that hasn't even finished there season yet. And if they are below average then what does that make SK for letting a below average team put 53pts on them? I know what it makes them in the rankings behind Ryle. So Highlands played a great team in Ryle and just an average team in SK because Ryle only gave 13pts to Highlands.