What's up? Any truth or someone with a grudge?

ace101bubba

Teachers make the same, regardless of subject area. Teacher pay is usually dependent on their "rank". A rank 3 teacher (college graduate), makes less than a Rank 2 teacher (Master's Degree). A rank 1 teacher (Master's Degree + 30 hours) gets paid more. The more education you get, the more you can expect to be paid.

Driver Education is an endorsement any teacher can get if they so choose. With car crashes being the #1 killer of teens every single year, I'd say the subject is much needed in our schools. Now, how a teacher chooses to teach that subject and treat it with the importance that it deserves is another story. But the same can be said for the history teacher that sits at their desk and plays a movie three times a week.

As far as other subjects, Driver Education is probably the only subject where the teacher is risking their own life every time they teach a kid. Not many subjects have that type of risk but also have the reward of teaching a lifelong skill that their students will use and remember the techniques and understanding that they learned in a good Driver Education class.

How many classes of drivers Ed does he teach a day? Just curious.

When I was there he taught as many classes as all the other teachers. 3 classes and a planning period. Typically it included taking a group of 3 students driving Per class period. Then one day a week was spent in class teaching the techniques of driving and the rules of the road. I give all the credit to Coach Smith for teaching me how to drive. He made learning how to drive easy and not intimidating.