Is Tom Brady just a (really good) "system" QB?

Jim Schue

Proves Brady is just a normal above average QB. He better be glad he is in a good SYSTEM where he is told what to do..

Is that what it proves? Or does it prove that Belichick is a hell of a coach and gets the most out of the players he has.

Brady's stats PROVE he is far better than a "normal" quarterback.

Ah yes, the Matt Cassel argument. He went 11-5 with the same team Brady went 18-1 with the year before. He threw 21 td's and 11 picks, the year before with the same guys Brady threw 50tds to 8 ints.

Yeah, Brady is such a system QB....

If anyone watched that game last night and walks away thinking they won because of QB play, then I don't know what to say.

No the Patriots aren't the Art Briles Baylor teams where they can plug in any QB and get the same numbers, but they aren't the Peyton Manning Colts where it is Peyton literally carrying the team on his back every single year. Brady is great. But the best teams he played on have also had great defenses. Not to mention the greatest coach of all time. I hate the patriots with every ounce of my body, but you have to give credit where credit is due. They draft better, they develop better, and they are coached better than any team since the turn of the century. I hate them cause the Bengals ain't them.

It's all coaching. Especially in the system Bellichik runs.

Brady owes all to his coach.

2) The system is different for each quarterback. To say it's the system is a fallacy that just can't be supported.

D) I'd say they both owe a large portion of their success to each other. Bill didn't win a thing before Brady came along....

Edited by True blue (and gold)

2) The system is different for each quarterback. To say it's the system is a fallacy that just can't be supported.

D) I'd say they both owe a large portion of their success to each other. Bill didn't win a thing before Brady came along....

Yeah, because Belichick calls the audibles, makes the reads, makes the throws, etc.

You two guys are so EASY, I mean dang guys. Your TOO EASY.

Of friggin course Brady is a HOF QB, he is one of the best and some could argue the best. Whoever dont think that is a pure idiot. I mean look at what he has done.

You all are too easy to get at. Have you 2 not figured me out yet. Your easier than those girls in college after a night at the bar.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

This is a tough one to gauge. I think Brady likely never gets the chance to be Brady anywhere else, but the raw talent was there regardless. He could go to any other offense and be successful now, but likely only because of what he has demonstrated in New England.

If Drew Bledsoe doesn't get hurt, the 6th round Brady likely doesn't get the job. And Bledsoe hung around the league until 2006.

It's a mutually beneficial relationship.

Does the system help him sure. Is he still a great qb without the system yes. Just look at the wrs he has had most of his career. The majority of his wrs wouldn't ever do much with any other team. Deion Branch of the perfect example. Brady has had success with less the majority of his career.

For example Peyton Manning always had stud wrs that would be good for any qb. When Brady did have a loaded offense to throw to with Moss, Walkers and then both Gronk and Hernandez he put up crazy numbers and set records.