Ohio State 45 Oklahoma 24

hrcarrier

Absolutely methodical win. Just marched the ball down the field all night one chunk play at a time. Long way to go but I don't think there is any doubt after tonight that THE Ohio State University is the most talented team in the country.

Ohio State is not the most talented team in the country.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... You can disagree all you want, but you're going to be wrong. We all know you're an OSU hater. Nothing they can do will ever impress you, so ,to me, your opinion holds zero weight.

It's not being a hater (although I am). I just personally think Alabama has more talent and a better coach.

Alabama is the most talented team in the country.

Ohio State may be up there, but until they give me a reason to doubt them, Bama is tops.

How about the fact that they struggled with an Ole Miss team that Florida State blew out in the 2nd half. The same Florida State team that got OWNED by UofL. I'm not saying Alabama isn't talented or anything. They are still a Nick Saban coached team. But I think the overall raw talent level at Ohio State is higher, especially on offense. Ohio State has the edge at QB, RB is a push, WR edge to OSU, Curtis Samuel is the most talented player in the country not named Lamar Jackson, O line is probably a push. On D Bamas is better but only because OSU is basically starting 4 new guys up front. Bama has the experience at LB, but OSU has the best secondary in college football. They have at least 3 first rounders in the secondary. Yeah I'm biased, I don't care to admit it. But I think OSU's play speaks for itself.

How about the fact that they struggled with an Ole Miss team that Florida State blew out in the 2nd half. The same Florida State team that got OWNED by UofL. I'm not saying Alabama isn't talented or anything. They are still a Nick Saban coached team. But I think the overall raw talent level at Ohio State is higher, especially on offense. Ohio State has the edge at QB, RB is a push, WR edge to OSU, Curtis Samuel is the most talented player in the country not named Lamar Jackson, O line is probably a push. On D Bamas is better but only because OSU is basically starting 4 new guys up front. Bama has the experience at LB, but OSU has the best secondary in college football. They have at least 3 first rounders in the secondary. Yeah I'm biased, I don't care to admit it. But I think OSU's play speaks for itself.

That's great. I'm fine with you saying Ohio State is. I simply don't agree.

Urban Meyer is now 19-0 in true road games while at OSU. That is just a sick stat. Also, I think OSU's offense runs much better when they have a RB next to JT in the backfield. The threat of the handoff just makes the offense much more dangerous IMO. I hate it when JT lines by himself in the backfield. I understand showing that set a few times a game but I would not very often.

That being said the O put up 45 in Norman...not complaining!

Urban Meyer is now 19-0 in true road games while at OSU. That is just a sick stat. Also, I think OSU's offense runs much better when they have a RB next to JT in the backfield. The threat of the handoff just makes the offense much more dangerous IMO. I hate it when JT lines by himself in the backfield. I understand showing that set a few times a game but I would not very often.

That being said the O put up 45 in Norman...not complaining!

Completely agree. Honestly I love the line up with JT, Weber, and Samuel in the backfield. Then have Baugh (who I would really like to see used more in the intermediate passing game, but like you said the offense looks great so I'm not complaining), Brown and Wilson on the outside. I think that is the best set Ohio State can run. JT runs the read option better than any QB in the country so having all 3 playmakers in the backfield is extremely tough to defend.

Alabama is the most talented team in the country.

Ohio State may be up there, but until they give me a reason to doubt them, Bama is tops.

Don't know about the talent level although several years of the number 1 recruiting class may indicate that. What they do have is a heck of a system. Their inexperience at QB and RB will prevent them from really blowing teams out so others will look much better in comparison, although their blowout of USC was as impressive as any game I've watched this year not involving U of L.

Once OSU adds their 7 five star players next year, I think they will hands down have the most talent of any team in college football.

Besides the 6 currently commited, which one do you have penciled in and how many more do you think we can add? I'm going to say on top of the 6 current 5 stars commited I say we get Okudah and Akers.

Besides the 6 currently commited, which one do you have penciled in and how many more do you think we can add? I'm going to say on top of the 6 current 5 stars commited I say we get Okudah and Akers.

Okudah was at the Oklahoma game as a Sooner guest, that went really well for Ohio State (oops).

I would say he is the most likely get followed by Akers. Akers and JK want to be the "main" back in their class so Meyer has to smooth that out.

They will add a few other high 4 star guys with one or both of them.