Ashland 27 Ironton (OH) 3

LRCW

Can't believe some were discussing Coach Love's job security earlier in the week.

I'm with ya completely on that one. This was an expected down year by most of us. It's way to early to even consider firing coach Love, even if you don't like the way some things have gone. He's learning on the fly it seems and I love the idea of platooning, which it seems he is open to and trying to do. All in all, Ashland, nor anyone else in 4A is going to beat JC this season in my opinion, but the future is looking bright for Ashland over the next few years.

Great win for the Cats. One of my biggest concerns was how are we going to score more points, well, tonight it was answered. Scoring came on both sides of the ball. Running, and passing as well as a scoop and score. Also I thought Collins and Dowdy did a very good job kicking. Collins kicked it high and short letting our defenders cover quickly. Ratliff really seems comfortable now 4 games in. He is really clicking on all cylinders. Great job, let's get ready for district play.

This was a good win for the Tomcats. They should be favored in their next 4 games, although the game at Greenup will be a test, before ending the season against Johnson Central and Tates Creek, 2 tough opponents.

The future looks bright at Ashland. A lot of underclassmen are getting significant playing time and doing well. They have a chance to be really good in the coming years.

Can't believe some were discussing Coach Love's job security earlier in the week.

Well, one person said, "Ashland should never lose to Raceland" and Ashland did lose to Raceland, sounds like some fans may not be happy.