Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK unveils new uniforms

Featured Replies

Why the infatuation with the checkerboard all the time now? Yes, I know it's "thoroughbred themed" but it's a tired design......Come on Nike, I think you're mailin' it in!

Why the infatuation with the checkerboard all the time now? Yes, I know it's "thoroughbred themed" but it's a tired design......Come on Nike, I think you're mailin' it in!

 

Have never been a fan of the grey either.

The New UK or new Wildcat?

FWIW I'm not a huge fan of either but I'll get used to them.

 

I have never been a fan of the interlocking UK, and the new UK design the "K" just looks wrong.

Yeah, nobody thinks Secretariat when they see those.

 

I don't think they automatically think UT either, but UT is way more likely than Secretariat for the Average Joe.

 

Hey now. I think Secretariat and I am Average Joe.

Bigger change than I think most remember from last season's unis.

 

2016-09-15 09.12.03.png

Isn't there anybody associated with UK that gets to have some type of input into the look of the uniforms, or is it Nike making all the decisions? Jus wonderin

Isn't there anybody associated with UK that gets to have some type of input into the look of the uniforms, or is it Nike making all the decisions? Jus wonderin

It's a collaborative effort between the two.

 

UK is going to get criticized by fans and non fans what ever they wear. Some want more innovation and drastic changes, well we had that in the 90's...how'd we all like the Zubaz looking or denim (Carolina Blue) unis from then?

 

The checker board homage to Secretariat has been part of the uniform in one way or another for 5 or 6 years, I think it's fine and actually like it.

 

In toe world of college basketball uniforms UK's are just fine...there are some hideous ones out there and some with horrible color combos. I'll take these over some of those worn by UK competitors, any day.

Too much of the checkerboard, but I like them better than those denim ones. Or that lighter blue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58033[/ATTACH]

 

We could be wearing these.

 

I do prefer the larger KENTUCKY printing with an arc on the jersey compared to the hard to see KENTUCKY in a straight line like they wear today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58033[/ATTACH]

 

We could be wearing these.

 

Every time I see those shorts I think of the circus.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.