Belfry at Pikeville Predictions

ATLCat

Who Wins?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Do you read those power rankings that way?

Belfry's power rating is 13 points higher than Pikeville's but I didn't know that meant that Belfry is predicted to be 13 points better on the scoreboard.

Watusi, I could be wrong; but that is how I have always interpreted Lit and Cantall. If this is incorrect, I would vey much like to know. Have even heard some argue in basketball the differential should be adjusted by 3 for homecourt advantage. Have never heard such in football. Anybody clear Watusi's legitimate question?

Last time this game was played at Hambley in 2014 the Panthers shocked the Pirates, dominated them on the line of scrimmage, and sent them home defeated. I can't help but believe that will be in the backs of the minds of the youngsters on both teams this week (and the adults too).

Can Coach McNamee stir up another dose of that magic?

Last time this game was played at Hambley in 2014 the Panthers shocked the Pirates, dominated them on the line of scrimmage, and sent them home defeated. I can't help but believe that will be in the backs of the minds of the youngsters on both teams this week (and the adults too).

Can Coach McNamee stir up another dose of that magic?

I will not take it that far, but the more this week goes on the more I get the feeling that Pikeville makes Belfry uncomfortable.

All these guys are seeing and hearing is how Belfry is going to crush them or how they just need to worry about getting out of this game without injuries. Over the years Chris MacNamee has proven very good at getting his team to rise up to the challenge when they are the underdog.

The more I think about it the more I think Pikeville gives Belfry a fight.

Now do I think they have the depth or size to go toe to toe for all 4 Quarters? I do not.

I am thinking this is something like a 21-14 game at the Half that Belfry eventually open up to a 42-21 win.

^^^

Not to look ahead but the Calpreps thing had me curious

Knoxville Catholic, who Belfry plays next week, is now 4-0 in dominating fashion. Calpreps has them as the #3 overall team in TN behind only Oakland and Brentwood Academy.

As of right now, here are the two teams' National Ranks according to Calpreps/Maxpreps

Belfry #81

KnoxCath #100

If Belfry takes care of Pikeville and KnoxCath beats powerhouse Fulton this may be a matchup of two Top 100 teams in the CPU Rankings

Coach Haywood's thoughts on tomorrow night's matchup.

[video=youtube;zqOC0iw-sHs]

Is it just me or does Haywood have a little more pep in his voice this year when he does these interviews?

A few more smiles than normal as well.

I also still think it was comical hearing the pre-season preview and how those Seniors answered questions. It was like listening to Haywood answer them himself.