Chicago PD Making Fewer Arrests

Clyde

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious to see if the trend continued. This was from April 11th prior to summer which typically has an increased crime rate.

The video wasn't released until late November which is when 538 says the decrease in stops/arrests and the increase in violence started.

Put your PR hat/spokesperson hat on.

You are in said role for the CPD. How do you respond the question "Why are you not making as many stops as you previously did?"

Taking a different approach. The voices being heard of late have said they're clearly not happy with how policing was being done previously. With that said I think the increase in shootings indicates that a more laid back approach isn't the answer. We are open to suggestions

Taking a different approach. The voices being heard of late have said they're clearly not happy with how policing was being done previously. With that said I think the increase in shootings indicates that a more laid back approach isn't the answer. We are open to suggestions

Thanks for playing my games. Now let me put the reporter hat on and ask a follow-up question.

Is it just a coincidence that the decrease started at the same time the new paperwork requirements started?