Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lincoln County @ Garrard County Predictions

Who wins this rivalry game? 19 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this rivalry game?

    • Lincoln County
      26%
    • Garrard County
      73%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Lincoln County looking for their first win of the year travels 8 miles up the road to Garrard County. Garrard who struggled last week against the size and strength of Madison Sountern, will look to get back on track this week!!

 

Who wins and why?

This will be the 32nd meeting between these two teams. LC leads the all time series 20-11. Lincoln's largest margin of victory was 41-0 in 2006, Garrard's largest was 14...22-8 (1978) and 28-14 (2014) In the past 10 years the Patriots are 7-3 vs the Golden Lions, but Garrard is 3-2 in the past 5 years. From 2006-2010 LC outscored GC 155-35 (31-7 avg) but in the past 5 years GC has outscored LC 142-114 (28-23 avg) These games are always good with both teams playing extremely hard in the border county rivalry. Lincoln County is still looking for an offensive identity after losing their starting QB for the season. Garrard knows their identity....run the football. Looking forward to another great game between the two teams who are only 9 miles apart.

If the QB for Lincoln wasn't injured this might be a ballgame. However, Garrard County should win by 30. If they do not, it will say a lot about their program.

If the QB for Lincoln wasn't injured this might be a ballgame. However, Garrard County should win by 30. If they do not, it will say a lot about their program.

 

I don't think so. Garrard/Lincoln seems to be close every year. A friend of mine always says Garrard has to be three touchdowns better than Lincoln to feel comfortable in this game. I don't know if they're three touchdowns better or not, but I'd be surprised if the margin was 30 and even if it isn't 30, I don't think it says too much either way.

What happened to Lincoln's QB?

If the QB for Lincoln wasn't injured this might be a ballgame. However, Garrard County should win by 30. If they do not, it will say a lot about their program.

 

 

Wrong. I would say Garrard County has no worries about their "program". Pretty successful "program". I doubt winning a rivalry game by less than 30 pts will tarnish their "program".

I don't think so. Garrard/Lincoln seems to be close every year. A friend of mine always says Garrard has to be three touchdowns better than Lincoln to feel comfortable in this game. I don't know if they're three touchdowns better or not, but I'd be surprised if the margin was 30 and even if it isn't 30, I don't think it says too much either way.

 

Wrong. I would say Garrard County has no worries about their "program". Pretty successful "program". I doubt winning a rivalry game by less than 30 pts will tarnish their "program".

 

Hedging your bets? ;)

Hedging your bets? ;)

 

Garrard has never beat Lincoln by more than 14 points in a game (1975, 1978, 2014) so a thirty point win would be out of character for this series. Lincoln played within a touchdown of a Madison Southern team who just beat Garrard and they also gave East Jessamine a solid game.

 

I don't think I'm hedging bets but rather using history and statistics, along with an understanding of how intense rivalry games usually work, to say "a team must win by 30 or its an indictment of their program" is a ridiculous comment to make.

Garrard has never beat Lincoln by more than 14 points in a game (1975, 1978, 2014) so a thirty point win would be out of character for this series. Lincoln played within a touchdown of a Madison Southern team who just beat Garrard and they also gave East Jessamine a solid game.

 

I don't think I'm hedging bets but rather using history and statistics, along with an understanding of how intense rivalry games usually work, to say "a team must win by 30 or its an indictment of their program" is a ridiculous comment to make.

 

I'm just taking friendly jabs at Garrard and Lincoln County. Rock generally plays one of either Garrard or Lincoln County every season. Also, I'm trying to create discussion in these threads. So many of these have little to no activity. :(

I'm just taking friendly jabs at Garrard and Lincoln County. Rock generally plays one of either Garrard or Lincoln County every season. Also, I'm trying to create discussion in these threads. So many of these have little to no activity. :(

 

I'm with you. Garrard at Rockcastle next Friday night should be fun.

What happened to Lincoln's QB?

 

I heard he is out for the season and will likely miss all of the basketball season as well. Not sure how accurate that is but that is what I was told.

I heard that he tore his ACL during the scrimmage that had the week before the season started.

Lincoln Co - 21

Garrard Co - 20

I heard he is out for the season and will likely miss all of the basketball season as well. Not sure how accurate that is but that is what I was told.

 

Sadly.....tore his ACL. The only silver lining in it is thankfully he is just a Sophomore. He comes from one heck of a Lincoln County Football pedigree.....his dad and uncle were both VERY solid players back in their day(s). His dad, Darren was a longtime assistant coach for years (now the district technology coordinator), as well.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.