Ludlow 13 Carroll Cty 6

BIGZIG

In a game marred by penalties and turnovers the Ludlow Panthers came away with a hard fought victory tonight at James Rigney Memorial Stadium in Ludlow.

After a scoreless 1st half the Panthers scored late in the 3rd qtr to make it

7-0 but Carroll Cty came back in the 4th to score 6 and were unsuccessful on the 2 pt conversion. Ludlow came right back to score another 6pts to make the final 13-6 Ludlow.

Congrats to all the Panthers and especially to 1st year Head Coach Randy Borchers on his 1st career victory. Next up Grant Cty at home on Sept. 1

In a game marred by penalties and turnovers the Ludlow Panthers came away with a hard fought victory tonight at James Rigney Memorial Stadium in Ludlow.

7-0 but Carroll Cty came back in the 4th to score 6 and were unsuccessful on the 2 pt conversion. Ludlow came right back to score another 6pts to make the final 13-6 Ludlow.

Congrats to all the Panthers and especially to 1st year Head Coach Randy Borchers on his 1st career victory. Next up Grant Cty at home on Sept. 1

Congrats to Randy and the Panthers. Hopefully the start of good things to come.

Carroll Co had 155 yards in penalties, lost 4 fumbles (the last one at the Ludlow 14 with about 1:30 to go) and an INT. They are on the fast track to nowhere with their "hey diddle-diddle, run it up the middle" offense. They did run some option tonight and their offense scored it's first TD of the season after 7 scoreless quarters. Where are you Coach Eckstein?

Carroll Co had 155 yards in penalties, lost 4 fumbles (the last one at the Ludlow 14 with about 1:30 to go) and an INT. They are on the fast track to nowhere with their "hey diddle-diddle, run it up the middle" offense. They did run some option tonight and their offense scored it's first TD of the season after 7 scoreless quarters. Where are you Coach Eckstein?

Carroll Cty had several unsportsman like/personal foul penalties called on them during the game that seemed to cost them dearly whenever it seemed like they were getting any momentum whatsoever. These penalties along with some that I heard were called in their previous game with Gallatin Cty indicates they are very undisciplined and IMO poorly coached..

Ludlows defense played an excellent game led by an outstanding performance from Senior Linebacker Cory Gilbert who had 16 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries and a sack. Cory led NKY in fumble recoveries last season appears tp be picking up where he left off last year. Cory is an outstanding defensive player who has a nose for finding loose footballs. Great job Cory and the entire Panther team.

Carroll Cty had several unsportsman like/personal foul penalties called on them during the game that seemed to cost them dearly whenever it seemed like they were getting any momentum whatsoever. These penalties along with some that I heard were called in their previous game with Gallatin Cty indicates they are very undisciplined and IMO poorly coached..

Nail on the head.:thumb:

Good win by Ludlow and congrats to Coach Randy Borchers on winning his first game as head coach.

Ludlow however did not play their best game yesterday, and made the game alot closer than it should have been. The defense played great, but the offense just never could seem to get it together. Ludlow alot of times put drives together but then get stopped as they got close. So I give Carroll County credit cause their Defense made the plays when they had too, but Ludlow just seemed to be a little bit off all night in their offense. The offensive line really needs to get it together by next week, cause they let way to many people into the backfield.

It was the first game of the season though, and these are all things that can be fixed. So once again good win by Ludlow and I know expect Ludlow to come out sharper next week and pick up their second win of the year against Grant County next week.

Congrats to old teammate. Way to go Mr. Borchers.

Congrats to coach Borchers and Panther nation. However, I must say that the game was not a pretty thing to see. IMO if the panthers don't get it together offensively we are in for a long season. What ever happened to the QB going under center?

Is Josh Montooth seeing any playing time, for Ludlow?

Didn't really get playing time vs. Carroll County.. Will probably see some time as a runningback in the future. He has great speed, but I think he still needs to develop a little bit further.

Congrats to coach Borchers and Panther nation. However, I must say that the game was not a pretty thing to see. IMO if the panthers don't get it together offensively we are in for a long season. What ever happened to the QB going under center?

You got to stick with what works and the shotgun offense has worked just fine the last few years. And with the players they have on the team IMO the shotgun offense is the best thing for them. They just have a brand new varsity QB making his first start at QB, so it will take awhile for this offense to get totally there though. But the offense was just barely missing on some plays the other night but they will get it together. I really think QB Jarrett Rouse well have this offense rolling as the year goes on.

You got to stick with what works and the shotgun offense has worked just fine the last few years. And with the players they have on the team IMO the shotgun offense is the best thing for them. They just have a brand new varsity QB making his first start at QB, so it will take awhile for this offense to get totally there though. But the offense was just barely missing on some plays the other night but they will get it together. I really think QB Jarrett Rouse well have this offense rolling as the year goes on.

The shotgun offense was fine with a QB of Mike Lewis talent. I'm not totally opposed to it, but IMO there needs to be some diversity and go up under center at times. Adjust to the talent that you have.

The shotgun offense was fine with a QB of Mike Lewis talent. I'm not totally opposed to it, but IMO there needs to be some diversity and go up under center at times. Adjust to the talent that you have.

Do you really think that with the players they have would be better off under center? I mean in the Carroll County game Jarrett Rouse was barely getting anytime to throw, and that was in shotgun. If he was under center he would have even less time. Plus the line is not that big so its not really much of a power running team. I know this years team dont have Lewis, but they do have alot of talent at the skill positions. With Poe, Buddy Lunsford, Kyle York, and Joe gier at receievers they have alot of athletic ability out there. Then in the backfield with Cory Gilbert, and Braydon Mills they have two very athletic backs. So this team really is built to be a spread it out shotgun offense with all the athletes they have. I know the offense didn't do to great against Carroll but it was Ludlows first game and Carrolls second so of course Ludlow was going to have a little rust. Especially since they have a brand new QB this year. I really think we will see a big improvement in the offense this week though against Grant County.

Maybe they would be better off going under center some, but IMO the shotgun offense is perfect for them. Either way though GO PANTHERS!!!