The Official Louisville Area Preseason Power Rankings

Bert

I'll admit, I have a hard time seeing E-town as better than all the HM and Ballard. Other than that I'm happy with the rankings.

Is it possible to expand it to a top fifteen instead of top ten and some HMs? I dunno why, but I just have the feeling that such a format would fit really well.

10 was the format given to the coordinators of each district and I don't know how strict Ram and Guru want to stay with that format. Of course that doesn't mean I couldn't make 5 honorable mentions who just happen to be list in order Of how good they are believed to be, lol. If I had to add two more honorable mentions, I guess I would go with Ballard and South Oldham.

Hmmm...Of course I am biased about my alma mater, but I noticed no one has Meade County on their radar, which could be a very real mistake.

Always underestimated Meade returns 30 juniors (that's right -- 30) and is a proven stubborn, stick-in-dried-mud defensive force via a fine defensive-minded coaching staff. I wouldn't forget about this team. A few have in the past years and have paid for it with a shortened season.

I'd also be cautious about naming Central Hardin as a Top Ten since they have only 12 seniors coming back. IMO, I would not rank someone so high that has lost so much.

Real Deals in the Louisville area: John Hardin, Ballard, PRP, Desales, and of course the usual powerhouses: Trinity, X, and Manual

E-town will be very good in their class, but not a part of the big horse arena. My two cents...

No problem at all with disagreement and respectful, well thought out criticism like we have seen. This would be a really boring thread if everyone agreed with what I said. This is what Ram and Guru were wanting to happen.

Was not trying to be critical. Was just wondering why you left them out. These threads are fun to go back and forth on. What's a day without a little BGP!!

Watched John Hardin at their scrimmage yesterday. Can't take too much from scrimmages I know but wow; I really expected more than what we saw. That offensive line needs a lot of improvement. That BG game just got a lot uglier for John Hardin

Watched John Hardin at their scrimmage yesterday. Can't take too much from scrimmages I know but wow; I really expected more than what we saw. That offensive line needs a lot of improvement. That BG game just got a lot uglier for John Hardin

Too bad to hear that -- Yikes! I assumed JH would be primed because of the big class coming back. Hmmm... (I was gonna go to that scrimmage, but the heat is too much for my advanced age.)

Hmmm...Of course I am biased about my alma mater, but I noticed no one has Meade County on their radar, which could be a very real mistake.

Always underestimated Meade returns 30 juniors (that's right -- 30) and is a proven stubborn, stick-in-dried-mud defensive force via a fine defensive-minded coaching staff. I wouldn't forget about this team. A few have in the past years and have paid for it with a shortened season.

I'd also be cautious about naming Central Hardin as a Top Ten since they have only 12 seniors coming back. IMO, I would not rank someone so high that has lost so much.

Real Deals in the Louisville area: John Hardin, Ballard, PRP, Desales, and of course the usual powerhouses: Trinity, X, and Manual

E-town will be very good in their class, but not a part of the big horse arena. My two cents...

I totally agree about Meade County. I missed the 7-on-7 but I heard several DeSales folks talking about how good Meade looked at the skill positions. This should be a real test for both teams this evening. When you say 30 returning juniors, do you mean 30 guys that are juniors THIS year or 30 that are now seniors?

I totally agree about Meade County. I missed the 7-on-7 but I heard several DeSales folks talking about how good Meade looked at the skill positions. This should be a real test for both teams this evening. When you say 30 returning juniors, do you mean 30 guys that are juniors THIS year or 30 that are now seniors?

30 juniors this year, as I understand it. I don't think they are all returning -- that is, some were added, some did not return, but there's 30 of 'em. I did an audit of Meade's roster from last year to this year, and it looks like a ton of returning juniors for this year within that 30 group of sophomores from last year. (whew...)

And as we all know, Meade was decimated last year of much experience through senior graduations from the year before and had to plug in a bunch of sophomores. Those sophies have a lot of experience now. Couple that experience with the good Meade, defensive coaching staff, and you have the makings of a good core -- in theory anyway.

Great to hear that Meade has effective skill positions.

Thanks for the info, DeSales Dad! (BTW, I'm looking forward to following DeSales again this year as well. My wife's brothers graduated from DeSales and X, so it's in our marriage contract that I follow them...lol jk...)

Edited by MEANGREENMACHINE
clarity

And who would be your 1st year starting QB again?

Umm, if you're directing that question toward me and your question was not sarcastic, then I answer with Benock as QB for Meade, as far as I know at this point. However, if it was a sarcastic question, I answer that a team requires more than one player the last time I checked.

Umm, if you're directing that question toward me and your question was not sarcastic, then I answer with Benock as QB for Meade, as far as I know at this point. However, if it was a sarcastic question, I answer that a team requires more than one player the last time I checked.

?? I missed something? Did Meade's QB(s) not play well in the scrimmage and Hardin County Preps is ruffling your feathers after your Pro Meade post a few days ago? If not, I am definitely missing something.

Louisville Only:

1. Trinity

2. Male

3. St. X

4. Manual

5. CAL

6. PRP

7. Fern Creek

8. De Sales

9. Central

10. Ballard

10A. Eastern