Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raid the AFC North

Featured Replies

Saw this article on Cincyjungle.com

 

Which AFC North players would you add to the Bengals roster? - Cincy Jungle

 

If you could raid the other AFC North teams for one year, who would you take and why? Pick one offense and one defense. In addition, you have to identify who they will replace.

 

Here are the depth charts for the AFC North

216 NFL Depth Charts for AFC East - Rotoworld.com

 

 

Here are mine:

Steelers: Pouncey and Shazier replacing Bodine and Maualuga

Ravens: Wallace and Williams replacing LaFell and Peko

Browns: Thomas and Haden replacing Winston and Kirkpatrick

 

Pouncey and Thomas on our offensive line would be awesome. Both are upgrades. Joe would have to move to RT. Wallace has more left in the tank than Lafell and would flourish across from Green.

 

Shazier and Williams are beasts and both major upgrades over the two I dropped. Took Haden, but he has to be healthy. When he is, he's one of the best.

 

Who you got and why?

The first person I'd take would be Whit. I'd take Thomas from the Brownies. Might take Mosley to replace Timmons. Geno would be a nice nose in the 3-4 between Tuitt and Heyward and would make a ridiculous rotation up front.

 

And with all due respect, if you are an opponent and you didn't take AB on your squad, regardless of your lineup in the north, you're nuts.

  • Author
And with all due respect, if you are an opponent and you didn't take AB on your squad, regardless of your lineup in the north, you're nuts.

 

Thought about it, but just felt like the center would be a bigger benefit to the Bengals. If defenses can't get to the QB or can't stop the run, then a 3rd or 4th receiving option wouldn't really make that much difference.

 

But you've given me thoughts on another thread.

The first person I'd take would be Whit. I'd take Thomas from the Brownies. Might take Mosley to replace Timmons. Geno would be a nice nose in the 3-4 between Tuitt and Heyward and would make a ridiculous rotation up front.

 

And with all due respect, if you are an opponent and you didn't take AB on your squad, regardless of your lineup in the north, you're nuts.

 

If I was doing a redraft in the AFCN, QB's thrown out, AB would be the first off the board. No hesitation.

Saw this article on Cincyjungle.com

 

Which AFC North players would you add to the Bengals roster? - Cincy Jungle

 

If you could raid the other AFC North teams for one year, who would you take and why? Pick one offense and one defense. In addition, you have to identify who they will replace.

 

Here are the depth charts for the AFC North

216 NFL Depth Charts for AFC East - Rotoworld.com

 

 

Here are mine:

Steelers: Pouncey and Shazier replacing Bodine and Maualuga

Ravens: Wallace and Williams replacing LaFell and Peko

Browns: Thomas and Haden replacing Winston and Kirkpatrick

 

Pouncey and Thomas on our offensive line would be awesome. Both are upgrades. Joe would have to move to RT. Wallace has more left in the tank than Lafell and would flourish across from Green.

 

Shazier and Williams are beasts and both major upgrades over the two I dropped. Took Haden, but he has to be healthy. When he is, he's one of the best.

 

Who you got and why?

 

Would have to completely disagree on Mike Wallace. I don't know people's fascination with him. People wanted the Bengals to pay 10 million a year for him a few years ago. He is a one trick pony. Not a good route runner, doesn't break many tackles. He does one thing well, and it took a qb with a huge arm like Big Ben to allow that one thing he does well to stand out. If we were to take a wr off the Ravens I would go with Steve Smith even though he is old and coming off an injury.

Saw this article on Cincyjungle.com

 

Which AFC North players would you add to the Bengals roster? - Cincy Jungle

 

If you could raid the other AFC North teams for one year, who would you take and why? Pick one offense and one defense. In addition, you have to identify who they will replace.

 

Here are the depth charts for the AFC North

216 NFL Depth Charts for AFC East - Rotoworld.com

 

 

Here are mine:

Steelers: Pouncey and Shazier replacing Bodine and Maualuga

Ravens: Wallace and Williams replacing LaFell and Peko

Browns: Thomas and Haden replacing Winston and Kirkpatrick

 

Pouncey and Thomas on our offensive line would be awesome. Both are upgrades. Joe would have to move to RT. Wallace has more left in the tank than Lafell and would flourish across from Green.

 

Shazier and Williams are beasts and both major upgrades over the two I dropped. Took Haden, but he has to be healthy. When he is, he's one of the best.

 

Who you got and why?

 

Why move Joe Thomas to the right side of the line? He is the best Left Tackle in the NFL.

 

From the Browns, I would give the Bengals Johnny Manziel to replace Dalton and also give them 5-10 185 lbs, Rookie, DB. Mikell Everette. Of course my motivations may be different than the spirit of the OP.

Thought about it, but just felt like the center would be a bigger benefit to the Bengals. If defenses can't get to the QB or can't stop the run, then a 3rd or 4th receiving option wouldn't really make that much difference.

 

But you've given me thoughts on another thread.

 

So Brown would be a 3rd or 4th option in the Bengals passing game? Behind whom? I don't care what team in the NFL it is, Brown is instantly the No. 1 option in the passing game.

So Brown would be a 3rd or 4th option in the Bengals passing game? Behind whom? I don't care what team in the NFL it is, Brown is instantly the No. 1 option in the passing game.

 

I don't think he meant it that way. I took it to simply mean no number of receiving options, and he would give them three or four solid options, would matter without protection to give the QB time to throw.

I don't think he meant it that way. I took it to simply mean no number of receiving options, and he would give them three or four solid options, would matter without protection to give the QB time to throw.

 

Thinking proactively on this hypothetical, if the Bengals landed Brown, they could get a mint for Green Alligator Arms.

On offense, I'd take Antonio Brown. The Bengals could use another WR, and Brown is one of the league's finest. Between Brown, AJ Green & Eifert, the Bengals would have a lethal passing game.

 

Selecting a defensive player is a bit more difficult. I would probably pick Joe Haden, DB from Cleveland. I'd also have to consider the best LB in the AFC North, whoever that might be.

On offense, I'd take Antonio Brown. The Bengals could use another WR, and Brown is one of the league's finest. Between Brown, AJ Green & Eifert, the Bengals would have a lethal passing game.

 

Selecting a defensive player is a bit more difficult. I would probably pick Joe Haden, DB from Cleveland. I'd also have to consider the best LB in the AFC North, whoever that might be.

 

He's already in Cincinnati.

He's already in Cincinnati.

 

Never hurts to have the top two or three. Led to four rings for the Steelers way back when.

On offense, I'd take Antonio Brown. The Bengals could use another WR, and Brown is one of the league's finest. Between Brown, AJ Green & Eifert, the Bengals would have a lethal passing game.

 

Selecting a defensive player is a bit more difficult. I would probably pick Joe Haden, DB from Cleveland. I'd also have to consider the best LB in the AFC North, whoever that might be.

 

The best linebacker in the afc north is Burfict.

The best linebacker in the afc north is Burfict.

 

When he's on the field!

The best linebacker in the afc north is Burfict.

All things equal I'd take Mosley. If he plays a whole season, might be Shazier

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.