Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This is insane

Featured Replies

Got no problem with it, IF the money spent to fund it comes from the athletic/booster funds. If you start "re-purposing" tax dollars meant for education/school upkeep, THEN I have a problem.

They fill the place with nearly 10,000 folks on game night. That's a lot of money from the gate.

Article did not mention it, but a lot of these huge stadiums are shared by other schools. They may host several games on a weekend.

They fill the place with nearly 10,000 folks on game night. That's a lot of money from the gate.

Article did not mention it, but a lot of these huge stadiums are shared by other schools. They may host several games on a weekend.

 

This.

  • Author

I'm just amazed at the size. It's a High School stadium and it is better than most small college stadiums. I have no problem with it either and I bet the kids love playing there. When I said it was insane I was really saying is wow.

If I were a local taxpayer they would have to show me that the school does not need the funds for ANYTHING else relating to infrastructure or academics OR that the board itself can give a strong ROI - which I doubt.

I'm just amazed at the size. It's a High School stadium and it is better than most small college stadiums. I have no problem with it either and I bet the kids love playing there. When I said it was insane I was really saying is wow.

 

Small college stadiums? WKU would like to have that facility.

  • Author
Small college stadiums? WKU would like to have that facility.

 

Almost any mac school.

If I were a local taxpayer they would have to show me that the school does not need the funds for ANYTHING else relating to infrastructure or academics OR that the board itself can give a strong ROI - which I doubt.[/Q

 

I completely agree.

Many of those schools sell season tickets like college and pro teams. Wait lists for the opportunity to get season tickets.

I'd pay NFL prices to watch high school (good high school) football, but wouldn't pay little league prices to see the bungles.

Many of those schools sell season tickets like college and pro teams. Wait lists for the opportunity to get season tickets.

I'd pay NFL prices to watch high school (good high school) football, but wouldn't pay little league prices to see the bungles.

 

They'd pay those prices without a $500K scoreboard.

I didn't click on the link so it may have said this in the story. Kitna is the coach.

I read in a similar story in the past that these scoreboards can actually pay for themselves over time by selling in game advertising to local businesses. If you have a captive fan base of 10K of Friday and then maybe again on Saturday, that's a lot of people you can reach advertising your business.

 

That may sound crazy around here where some schools struggle to sell $100 or $200 banner ads to put up at the stadium, but I'm guessing a school and community like those in Texas have little trouble selling those ads.

Ho-hum...I still prefer the small local crowd atmosphere of most of KY's football games. Those big stadiums are neat and all, but if I want that, I'll go to a college or pro game. I like trees in the background, grill smoke rolling across the field, standing on the fence by the field, and dad's volunteering to work the chains.

 

I get that the kids want the "big time" stuff, but for me, I'm just fine with the experience we get here in "small time" football America.

Ho-hum...I still prefer the small local crowd atmosphere of most of KY's football games. Those big stadiums are neat and all, but if I want that, I'll go to a college or pro game. I like trees in the background, grill smoke rolling across the field, standing on the fence by the field, and dad's volunteering to work the chains.

 

I get that the kids want the "big time" stuff, but for me, I'm just fine with the experience we get here in "small time" football America.

 

Absolutely.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.