Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shooting At Gay Night Club In Orlando

Featured Replies

@oldgrappler What % of people who commit mass murders are mentally ill?

 

Don't know the answer but I'm guessing it is very high.

 

I think it's pretty close to 100%.

  • Replies 728
  • Views 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
She needs to be held accountable.

 

She could be charged.

She could be charged.

 

She needs to be. Throw her in prison for whatever the maximum allows.

 

All she had to do was make a simple phone call.

  • Author
She needs to be. Throw her in prison for whatever the maximum allows.

 

All she had to do was make a simple phone call.

 

I'll be curious to see/hear what the laws says in regards to that.

@oldgrappler What % of people who commit mass murders are mentally ill?

 

Don't know the answer but I'm guessing it is very high.

 

I believe this depends on what definition of what specific illness you are referring to. At any given time, many people may the fit the definition of a number of diagnoses.

 

I do not believe that this incident would fit most definitions in the DSM V.

ISIS has taken credit for the terrorist act in France, earlier today. 2 French police officers were stabbed to death in their home, in front of their 3 year old child. Stabbed. With a knife. Stabbed. Evil will find a way.

I'm seeing the tweets from this press conference with victims and doctors. Shooter repeatedly went back and shot people over and over to make sure they were dead. Doctors hinting that death toll may rise due to condition of some of the patients.

  • Author

Official count of dead is 49. Doctors at area hospitals in Orlando expect that number to rise.

  • Author

Shooter considered Disney as well. Made several "surveillance" trips.

My company just sent an email announcing they will match any donations made by employees for this tragedy.

I'm seeing the tweets from this press conference with victims and doctors. Shooter repeatedly went back and shot people over and over to make sure they were dead. Doctors hinting that death toll may rise due to condition of some of the patients.

 

How many rounds did he get off? Do they have a count yet?

  • Author
My company just sent an email announcing they will match any donations made by employees for this tragedy.

 

Cool.

 

Tampa Rays are having "Pride Night" on Friday. All tickets are $5 and proceeds to to a fund for victims.

How many rounds did he get off? Do they have a count yet?

 

I'll let somebody else try to answer that. I did not know. This press conference was with victims and doctors.

A former police academy classmate says the shooter was gay.

 

Another report says he has a profile on a gay dating site.

 

Saw where he used a gay dating app and his ex wife also says he was gay.

@oldgrappler What % of people who commit mass murders are mentally ill?

 

Don't know the answer but I'm guessing it is very high.

 

This is a false question dealing with probability.

 

The point is very few mentally ill people commit this kind of crime--less than 1% perhaps. So then we should takeaway all mentally ill people's constitutional rights and rights to confidentiality with their doctor. Abuse of power!

 

What percentage of people who rape women are men? So all men should be castrated.

 

What percentage of those who kill another through drunk driving are human? So we ban ALL humans from driving.

 

These examples I gave are better analogies to your question, "What percent of people who commit mass murder are mentally ill?" than that question is to the one I asked, "What percentage of mentally ill people become mass murderers?"

 

You can twist it, but it isn't the same question and it isn't honest analysis.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.