Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Fleming County

Featured Replies

New AD Kevin Fulton is supposed to make it the priority. Fulton hasn't really been involved with H.S. Sports (other than Tennis) so I don't know how his selection process will move along.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New AD Kevin Fulton is supposed to make it the priority. Fulton hasn't really been involved with H.S. Sports (other than Tennis) so I don't know how his selection process will move along.

 

I like the AD hire with Fulton. I think he will do an excellent job with our sports programs. I am just hoping they can get someone hired before jobs fill up. We've had several openings at the high school but I think a lot of them are filled.

I think Kevin will do a good job once he gets his feet wet. The one thing he will have to do is learn to deal with parents (it seems to be getting worse everywhere). I wouldn't be surprise if he doesn't stick with Crisp on an interim basis for this year and see how it plays out.

A name that I would throw out there would be Chris Stapleton. I think it would be a good fit for Fleming County, with his Mason County roots, and the experience he has gained in NKY. Many thought he was a good enough hire for Scott, so I'd think they would think the same for Fleming County.

I know Fulton was instrumental on landing successful recruits at MSU Tennis and is a visible figure in his community, not to mention a Mike Reitz product in high school (Maysville). He without a doubt would have sound judgement on recommendations for that program. The hire at Fleming needs to be one with head coaching experience and a proven track record in life for success. They have dealt with some turmoil as a school system and they need a leader who can represent their school system, basketball team, and community as well as who can face adversity and handle it with success. With the successful lineage they possess with appearances at Rupp Arena I dare say they should target someone who has competed at that level or higher in some fashion, much like their choice in the athletic director, and someone who can develop players with the combined basketball knowledge.

I know Fulton was instrumental on landing successful recruits at MSU Tennis and is a visible figure in his community, not to mention a Mike Reitz product in high school (Maysville). He without a doubt would have sound judgement on recommendations for that program. The hire at Fleming needs to be one with head coaching experience and a proven track record in life for success. They have dealt with some turmoil as a school system and they need a leader who can represent their school system, basketball team, and community as well as who can face adversity and handle it with success. With the successful lineage they possess with appearances at Rupp Arena I dare say they should target someone who has competed at that level or higher in some fashion, much like their choice in the athletic director, and someone who can develop players with the combined basketball knowledge.

 

I like what you are thinking.... However, it is hard to get someone with that caliber to stay, see: Starns.

I like what you are thinking.... However, it is hard to get someone with that caliber to stay, see: Starns.

 

Funny thing is, even with the success Starns had, it didn't seem anyone hated to see him go. It seems like he has the effect alot of places since he is looking for a job again this summer.

Fleming County was 18-42 over the last two years...... And sub .500 over the last three years 42-52. Grant it their strength of schedule was above average, but down seasons at that program must be anticipated and .500 or better records must be strived for.

 

They can find a Coach that has qualities at player development and that can win with lessor talent. Those types of coaches are fiery and when they do good things with less, the my can typically do great things with more. But it has to be a head coach with head coaching experience. That staff has taken a beating over the last 2 years and not sure any of those guys have it in them. I wouldn't look at them as an administrator.

 

Jay Emmons is the closest thing they have over there in the school system worthy of that role. He's worn that black and gold. Played for Kelly....so he truly wore it.

Does Jay still call the games with his dad?

Does Jay still call the games with his dad?

 

No, they don't call games anymore.

Would they let jay coach with his wife being the principle an fchs

Would they let jay coach with his wife being the principle an fchs

 

That's a good question. Would there be a loophole where he teaches in another building and he would directly deal with the AD, not his wife?

Can a coach be hired during the dead period?

The Dead Period deals more with athletes. I don't see why they couldn't.

Anyone that the superintendent and personnel director signs off on can coach the team. The principal would make the formal recommendation to them and then He/she just has to write a formal justification as to why the hire was made if it would appear to be a conflict of interests or policy.

 

Either way I'm hearing Jay Emmons isn't gunning for it. There are some names floating around out there

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.