Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Fleming County

Featured Replies

I thought the hiring of Fulton as AD was very odd to say the least. Would have thought they would have went with someone with experience(at least in the big 3 sports of football,basketball and baseball) from at least within the County or that region. This could be just a one year experiment with time running out on the hiring process maybe.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that the superintendent and personnel director signs off on can coach the team. The principal would make the formal recommendation to them and then He/she just has to write a formal justification as to why the hire was made if it would appear to be a conflict of interests or policy.

 

Either way I'm hearing Jay Emmons isn't gunning for it. There are some names floating around out there

 

What names are you hearing if Jay isn't going for it? Is it because it'd be a conflict?

Jay would be the best fit for Fleming co

Maybe Fulton will name himself coach.

Maybe Fulton will name himself coach.

 

Wouldn't be the first time to have an AD and Head Coach.

I like what you are thinking.... However, it is hard to get someone with that caliber to stay, see: Starns.

Did you really believe Starns was there long term? He saw his opportunity with that talent and took it.

Did you really believe Starns was there long term? He saw his opportunity with that talent and took it.

 

I didn't say anything about Starns being there long term. I replying to someone about FC wanting a head coach with prior experience and a track record. He wasn't there long term and it was obvious that he wouldn't be there long term.

Did you really believe Starns was there long term? He saw his opportunity with that talent and took it.

 

Fleming fans should be thrilled with Coach Starnes instead of bashing him. Yes, they had great talent, but he still got them to Rupp two straight years. That is pretty good for a team that is not used to going to Rupp on a regular basis. Trust me, when I get to go to Rupp with Mason, it never gets old.

Fleming fans should be thrilled with Coach Starnes instead of bashing him. Yes, they had great talent, but he still got them to Rupp two straight years. That is pretty good for a team that is not used to going to Rupp on a regular basis. Trust me, when I get to go to Rupp with Mason, it never gets old.

 

Has nothing to do with his coaching ability. It was his pompous attitude. He was "too good" for Fleming County. He let everyone know he was there for the short term and was leaving when Burns, Steward, Saunders, etc graduated. He wanted no part of and was a deterrent to the middle school and elementary leagues.

I wish they would have hired someone to coach that talent that would have stuck around and tried to build off it.

Sumoroyal, if you are such a big fan of his, why didn't they hire him in Mason? To hear him tell it, he was the reason for their success!

Has nothing to do with his coaching ability. It was his pompous attitude. He was "too good" for Fleming County. He let everyone know he was there for the short term and was leaving when Burns, Steward, Saunders, etc graduated. He wanted no part of and was a deterrent to the middle school and elementary leagues.

I wish they would have hired someone to coach that talent that would have stuck around and tried to build off it.

Sumoroyal, if you are such a big fan of his, why didn't they hire him in Mason? To hear him tell it, he was the reason for their success!

 

I'm just the scorekeeper and that is above my pay grade. He deserved to get the job and was a huge part of Mason's success those years. after the Wes Jones problem, I think Mason just wanted to go outside the staff. Plus, Chris O'Hearn was a Mason Co Grad and a pretty good Coach. Yes, I'm a fan of Coach Starnes. Most good high level Coaches has pompous attitude and a huge Ego. I have talked to several and they all had it. Pearl, Cal, Pitino and Cronin to name a few. Remember, he did work under Rick and on the biggest stage. If I did that, I would probably would have a little more attitude also.

With all due respect, Randy Parker could have won with those kids. And that's not slight on Randy. But in a weak region with those horses, it wasn't rocket science. I'm not knocking the guy for it either. I can't blame him one bit. Getting to Rupp is a big deal, no matter how you get there. I'm with Sumo on that one.

With all due respect, Randy Parker could have won with those kids. And that's not slight on Randy. But in a weak region with those horses, it wasn't rocket science. I'm not knocking the guy for it either. I can't blame him one bit. Getting to Rupp is a big deal, no matter how you get there. I'm with Sumo on that one.

 

Your right they did have great talent but that don't mean you will always win. A couple of years ago, Mason dominated the regular season and got knocked off by Harrison. Mason Co. Girls same last year. Great talent does not always net a Regional Championship.

Your right they did have great talent but that don't mean you will always win. A couple of years ago, Mason dominated the regular season and got knocked off by Harrison. Mason Co. Girls same last year. Great talent does not always net a Regional Championship.

 

Couldn't agree more, hard work will beat talent most everyday. Great message to instill in kids today! Especially when kids have been reared to have it easy when playing from the younger ages up and not being challenged in games.

Couldn't agree more, hard work will beat talent most everyday. Great message to instill in kids today! Especially when kids have been reared to have it easy when playing from the younger ages up and not being challenged in games.
well I'll take that Fleming team and you take Menifee and we can settle that dispute. Come on fellas. That's just silliness.

Doc, we're not comparing team to team. Everyone knows the 16th was weak those years. We are just making a general statement about talent and championships.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.