Highlands 7 Covington Catholic 0

CCH has Pitzer, Young, and other arms, and Krumps starts a kid that has started JV most of the year in Rd 1 of region? Sorry, he's lost his mind. Time for a change at CCH, way too great of tradition-and I get a lot of that is on Krumps reign-to let this happen. Talked to several CCH parents during game, to say the native are restless is gross understatement.

You are right on the money with this. No reason to start a JV pitcher in a game like this with the experienced arms they have. Young and Armstrong haven't seen the mound in awhile and Heppler pitched well the last time out too. Unearned runs yes, but some of those balls were scalded and quite a few of the miscues were on the pitcher/catcher combo. Completely uninspired team the last two weeks.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are right on the money with this. No reason to start a JV pitcher in a game like this with the experienced arms they have. Young and Armstrong haven't seen the mound in awhile and Heppler pitched well the last time out too. Unearned runs yes, but some of those balls were scalded and quite a few of the miscues were on the pitcher/catcher combo. Completely uninspired team the last two weeks.

Let's not forget the fact that the first inning is 1-2-3 without a boot by the shortstop.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56251[/ATTACH]

Some want this called "interference" on the runner. I ask what was he supposed to do in this situation. From the pic, looks like everything happened simultaneously. I also do not see the supposed "forearm" shot that CovCath coach was complaining about. Agree he should have been tossed after that display.

The pitch behind the back of Bowden his next time up should have been an auto ejection of player and manager IMO. This is HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL folks and no need for that to occur. Agree with Clyde that Doty was not trying to hit Pitzer as it was pretty evident from my vantage point behind the plate that it was a curveball that simply spun up there.

After the game activity was down right embarrassing and I will leave it at that.

Some want this called "interference" on the runner. I ask what was he supposed to do in this situation. From the pic, looks like everything happened simultaneously. I also do not see the supposed "forearm" shot that CovCath coach was complaining about. Agree he should have been tossed after that display.

The pitch behind the back of Bowden his next time up should have been an auto ejection of player and manager IMO. This is HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL folks and no need for that to occur. Agree with Clyde that Doty was not trying to hit Pitzer as it was pretty evident from my vantage point behind the plate that it was a curveball that simply spun up there.

After the game activity was down right embarrassing and I will leave it at that.

Based on the pic it looks like the call was right on the money. What was the player supposed to do? Why was the ball thrown up the line other than intentionally trying to cause contact. Doesn't look like it was thrown off line based on he way way the fielder is standing.

Panda, great pics as always.

I'd agree that it was not interference. Bang-bang play with the runner in the basepath along with the second baseman.

Let's not forget the fact that the first inning is 1-2-3 without a boot by the shortstop.

Don't disagree that it was an error but a very hard hit ball. Lot's of miscues to go around but let's face it, he was being hit hard. Just no logic in starting him in my opinion.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56251[/ATTACH]

Can anyone provide some context? Runner on 1B and Runner on 3B? Pickoff to 1B and runner caught stealing? Grounder to 1B and 1B trying to get force out? Straight steal and ball is coming from C to 2B? Regardless, looks like there was some confusion as to whether 2B or SS was covering.

Can anyone provide some context? Runner on 1B and Runner on 3B? Pickoff to 1B and runner caught stealing? Grounder to 1B and 1B trying to get force out? Straight steal and ball is coming from C to 2B? Regardless, looks like there was some confusion as to whether 2B or SS was covering.

1st and 3rd. Pickoff attempt. Throw from F3.

1st and 3rd base with one out. Runner on first is picked off and simply just continues running to second. Ball and runner reached the second baseman at the same time.

1st and 3rd. Pickoff attempt. Throw from F3.

Thanks. Odd for the 2B to be in the middle of that, particularly with a LH 1B. That has to be a SS cover situation and the 1B has to come "meet" the ball to A - get it sooner and B - create a better throwing lane.

Thanks. Odd for the 2B to be in the middle of that, particularly with a LH 1B. That has to be a SS cover situation and the 1B has to come "meet" the ball to A - get it sooner and B - create a better throwing lane.

May have had a rundown. Not sure. I was talking to @Oldbird .

Runners at first and third if I recall. Runner on first is picked off/caught in a rundown, I guess maybe a designed play to get the runner from third to score (which worked). Runner on third probably scores regardless of the collision at second base.