Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anderson County 2016/2017

Featured Replies

  • Author

Will Cobe Penny be their best player next season? I remember seeing Anderson County's freshman team when Cobe was an 8th grader and he wasn't their best player and that team was very impressive. I saw Anderson County's varsity team last season against Boyle County and he was their best player. Who else does Anderson County have and are they the 8th Region favorites next season?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunner gillis and JP Garmon were both pretty good last year. One would assume if they make strides as I feel Penney will, the 8th region favorites are the Bearcats. They have some bigger players that, some of whom, may still need more time, but any of those guys could make an impact next season as well

I've not seen it, except the speculation about Cobe going to Mercer, on this thread. I really think that is completely without merit. I have heard from a pretty reliable source, that Gunner Gillis is moving to Harrodsburg to live with his dad, so I'm assuming, unless it's just for the summer, he will be transferring to Mercer. Who really knows tho, it's a long time before school starts, and everyone is required to be settled in and cleared by the KHSAA. Guess we will have to wait and see...

  • Author
Wasn't there a post recently talking about other players transferring from AC?

 

It was in the football forum but Blake just spoke on it.

  • Author
I've not seen it, except the speculation about Cobe going to Mercer, on this thread. I really think that is completely without merit. I have heard from a pretty reliable source, that Gunner Gillis is moving to Harrodsburg to live with his dad, so I'm assuming, unless it's just for the summer, he will be transferring to Mercer. Who really knows tho, it's a long time before school starts, and everyone is required to be settled in and cleared by the KHSAA. Guess we will have to wait and see...

 

I heard the same.

Curious if AC sent there JV to play the varsity teams in Richmond today

My understanding the kid did transfer to Mercer.

The 8th is AC to win. If they don't win it, could rank right there with UK's 40-0 choke job.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 10

Curious if AC sent there JV to play the varsity teams in Richmond today

 

Vacation and injuries have decimated the team this week. I believe only one potential starter was available and played varsity yesterday. Had to pull all the JV up to have enough to play, leaving the Freshman team to play JV. I just heard AC won't be there today, probably due to lack of players.

My understanding the kid did transfer to Mercer.

The 8th is AC to win. If they don't win it, could rank right there with UK's 40-0 choke job.

 

Come on t2t, lets not go overboard here. They were the favorites in my book before the transfer, and that does hurt them for sure. However even before the transfer I wouldn't have given them those kinds of odds, not even close. Losing Gillis is a setback for sure, but I think they can overcome it and still win the 8th, but it will be more of a challenge now.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 14

Ok, but I am hearing a lot of smack coming out of AC

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 10

Not enough basketballs to go around, Penny, Garmon all the offense is ran for those two players. I have heard that is the major reason Gillis left for Mercer, he did not want to be their garbage man any longer.

AC has some size in a few of their younger players....if some of these guys develop and find their place on this team, it could be a huge difference maker. I too still like them to win the 8th

At mad central I guess they had 3 or so starters missing . Lex cath beat them by 50. I would say lack of depth is accurate

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.