Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bowling Green Purples - 2015 Grade

Featured Replies

I give the Purples a grade of an A-. The Purples went 14-1 with their only loss coming at the hands of St. X. Take away that loss and the Purples get an A+ IMO. That loss was a game that Purples fans expected to win but it seemed as though the team didn't show up until after the first quarter and by then it was too late. This BG team was very talented and well coached but that single blemish is what keeps me from giving them an A+ or an A.

I give the Purples a grade of an A-. The Purples went 14-1 with their only loss coming at the hands of St. X. Take away that loss and the Purples get an A+ IMO. That loss was a game that Purples fans expected to win but it seemed as though the team didn't show up until after the first quarter and by then it was too late. This BG team was very talented and well coached but that single blemish is what keeps me from giving them an A+ or an A.

 

I agree PP, I give the Purples an A- too for exactly the reasons you stated.

Except for that one stumble the Purples were dominant in ever other game...I'd give them a Full A.

Except for that one stumble the Purples were dominant in ever other game...I'd give them a Full A.

 

It was a bad loss for the Purples. I am sure I will cover it in the St. X grade thread but these were not your big brother's Tigers.

State Championship = A. End of discussion. The goal is to win state. There are no bad loses to St. X unless you are Trinity.

State Championship = A. End of discussion. The goal is to win state. There are no bad loses to St. X unless you are Trinity.

 

Male may have something to say about that.

 

Since I have you here, what is your criteria for an A+?

It was a bad loss for the Purples. I am sure I will cover it in the St. X grade thread but these were not your big brother's Tigers.

Oh I know...I'm willing to give them an A, based on dominating nearly every other team. If they had struggled down the stretch I'd agree on an A-.

 

JMO

A. Won state and dominated their division.

 

Win at ST. X and they get an A+

A.

Held an excellent Pulaski team to NO offensive touchdowns.

I probably agree with the A- this past season. If it were any other team (except Male, Trinity, X) it would have been an A or A+.

 

Purples vs the St X game was crazy. As soon as they came on field to warm up it looked like their dog had gotten ran over. No energy. We commented from the stands that they looked flat before kickoff even started. However, they were still probably 15 minutes of game time going undefeated (again).

 

2016 should be lights out. I think that on a bad night this upcoming season the Purples will still score at least 5 TD's.

 

I believe if Purples get beat this season that someone has to score 6 or 7 TDs on them. Although their defensive backfield may be a little green, I don't see it happening.

 

15 Fridays and it is show time!

So will the 2016 version of bowling green be better than the 15 team ?

So will the 2016 version of bowling green be better than the 15 team ?

 

Obviously for another thread Ed.

Not a bad loss, as stated prior, not really a bad loss when X (or T) beats you. A game where X played over their head. It was just too much of a deficit for BG to over come when they started clicking.

Not a bad loss, as stated prior, not really a bad loss when X (or T) beats you. A game where X played over their head. It was just too much of a deficit for BG to over come when they started clicking.

 

Fair enough.

 

What grade would you give the Purples?

  • Author

That loss to St. X was the first time BG had lost to St. X in 4 seasons. That loss kept BG from getting an A+ and turned it into an A-.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.