Open Job: Southwestern

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all I agree but your players have to respect the Coach no matter what. They didn't respect him one bit. We had kids quit because they didn't want to play for the Coach. I'm talking about one kid who quit who would have logged major minutes because he didn't want to put up with Wright. Wright didn't post any of the players stats on the KHSAA webpage all year, with held college letters, threw a ball and hit a kid in the back of the head and the list goes on.

By not posting players stats, the kids couldn't be fairly put up for any basketball related honors because they Had no stats to back them up. Also the biggest issue was no college coach was able to access the kids stats because of this. Wright was all about himself, he preached one thing and done another. I wish him well and wish things had went differentl, he thought he was bigger than the program. Hopefully next year Baker gets hired and things change.

I'd take a team who would fight for their coach than a team full of talent who had no respect for their coach. Let the chips fall where they may next year but SW is better off no matter who transfers or stays with Wright gone. A lot of things were swept under the rug. Rant over, he gone and it's time for SW to move on with whatever team they may end up with. Some kids may leave but I also know a few kids are coming back out. I'm happy with the team either way especially with Coach Baker leading the way.

Not all I agree but your players have to respect the Coach no matter what. They didn't respect him one bit. We had kids quit because they didn't want to play for the Coach. I'm talking about one kid who quit who would have logged major minutes because he didn't want to put up with Wright. Wright didn't post any of the players stats on the KHSAA webpage all year, with held college letters, threw a ball and hit a kid in the back of the head and the list goes on.

By not posting players stats, the kids couldn't be fairly put up for any basketball related honors because they Had no stats to back them up. Also the biggest issue was no college coach was able to access the kids stats because of this. Wright was all about himself, he preached one thing and done another. I wish him well and wish things had went differentl, he thought he was bigger than the program. Hopefully next year Baker gets hired and things change.

I'd take a team who would fight for their coach than a team full of talent who had no respect for their coach. Let the chips fall where they may next year but SW is better off no matter who transfers or stays with Wright gone. A lot of things were swept under the rug. Rant over, he gone and it's time for SW to move on with whatever team they may end up with. Some kids may leave but I also know a few kids are coming back out. I'm happy with the team either way especially with Coach Baker leading the way.

1. Sounds like a kid problem, hes going to deal with people in life he doesnt like, whats he going to do then

2. Did you offer to keep stats for them, or do them on your own to help the program?

3. Sounds like player issues to me than coaching issues, and I know some of those players you're talking about.

I think it was mentioned in another thread that Wright was also keeping all correspondence from schools and would not give it to the players.

There were 20-25 letters in his desk for players and he never gave them to the student athlete or hinted they had letters. I loved Wright and thought he was a great a fit, but the last two years it's been a circus and I'm talking about things he's done. Like I said I hate throwing out dirt on a forum, Wright can be one of the best Coach's in the state, but he lost control of himself and the team.

Ill miss the rivalry that has grown between SW and Wayne over the past few years with Wright at the helm.

Yea Wayne and SW had some good games. Your student section walked in with Kroger bags I bout fell out of the stands. That was a classic on Waynes part.

1. Sounds like a kid problem, hes going to deal with people in life he doesnt like, whats he going to do then

2. Did you offer to keep stats for them, or do them on your own to help the program?

3. Sounds like player issues to me than coaching issues, and I know some of those players you're talking about.

The coach throws balls at your head and its a kid problem? Your funny. A lot more went on that you have no clue about. I have known coach Wright for 25 plus years and he still the same today as he was back then. Its all about me. always has been always will.