Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Landon Young rips Urban Meyer

Featured Replies

You guys are funny' date=' Coach tells a kid "your not good enough for me." A year later Coach comes back to the kid saying "hey were interested." Kid says oh so now your interested, no thanks. And the kid is the one looked down on, come on.[/quote']

 

Kids can make big jumps from Junior to Senior years. It's really not all that uncommon, when you're recruiting to beat Alabama and embarrass Oregon, the kid has to be a polished product.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kids can make big jumps from Junior to Senior years. It's really not all that uncommon, when you're recruiting to beat Alabama and embarrass Oregon, the kid has to be a polished product.

 

Ok but why bash the kid for it?

Ok but why bash the kid for it?

 

Is it really bashing when a coach says he doesn't think you were good enough a year ago, but to your credit you've gotten better and I recognize that? Some people are just very up front.

Is it really bashing when a coach says he doesn't think you were good enough a year ago, but to your credit you've gotten better and I recognize that? Some people are just very up front.

 

Im talking about you not meyer.

Ya what you said, such an idiot.

 

Idiot or worthless nut both sound good for Meyer.

Im talking about you not meyer.

 

I'm not bashing him I help out with HS coaching, I get how sensitive and entitled kids can be today. Gone are the days of Bob Napier.

If Young remembered the conversation correctly then it's bad form form Urban. You don't invite a kid to your school and then denigrate him and his options.

Urb is one odd dude. Dances to a different drum.

If Young remembered the conversation correctly then it's bad form form Urban. You don't invite a kid to your school and then denigrate him and his options.

 

He invited him up there because he wanted him, Young is the one who dwelled on the past and asked why Meyer didn't want him a year before.

 

Young is where he belongs, no way he could have taken the heat in Cbus it's not for everyone as he quickly learned. Win win for both parties.

The real reason @seccountry ran the Young story in case anybody is wondering, is because OSU is running a camp in Georgia. The SEC schools don't like them Yankees taking their players.

I'm no Meyer fan, but, can't be such a "sensitive Suzie". If you don't want to hear the answer, then you better not ask the question. All he did was tell him the year previous, he just wasn't good enough and the staff wasn't sure if he would get good enough...but he did and now that's why we are offering now. And oh by the way, you will have a really good chance of getting a ring in the next 4-5 years here. Maybe even a couple. UK? Ehhhhh, not so much.

 

To be honest, after this comment Meyer is probably just fine with Young not coming there...seems he might be a little overly sensitive which might lead to question his mental toughness.

Young left the farm and for the first time in his life, someone didn't tell him he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Can't be honest with all these soft teenagers today I guess. I think his feelings and career will be just fine at UK.
Exactly. :thumb:
Meyer is an idiot! Young is a stud and I won't be surprised if he starts as a Freshman.
This has to be one of if not the most ridiculous statements that I have ever read in all my time with bgp :ohbrother:. I'm not even going to entertain it with a rundown of Meyer's coaching records and accomplishments at every school that he has been but I would suggest that you should. Should you want to say that you don't like Meyer or OSU then that's fine, no problem but to say that he's an idiot / implying he doesn't know what he's doing or why is just ridiculous.

As I said, if you just don't like him or OSU, think they he's a jerk then that's an opinion you have and o.k, but to say he's an idiot, bad coach, etc. ..... you have to be kidding and/or just trying to stir the pot. Surely you're not serious.

BTW .... I may be mistaken but didn't you also slam Calapari at U.K. on pretty much a regular basis ? If so then I can completely understand you saying that Meyer is an idiot and can't coach.:lol2:, bc Both are considred among the best in their profession.

 

Post what you want bc that's certainly your right, is just that you may want to check a persons records and/or history before you claim they're an idiot / can't coach, just say'n .

Edited by oldrambler

This has to be one of if not the most ridiculous statements that I have ever read in all my time with bgp :ohbrother:. I'm not even going to entertain it with a rundown of Meyer's coaching records and accomplishments at every school that he has been but I would suggest that you should. Should you want to say that you don't like Meyer or OSU then that's fine, no problem but to say that he's an idiot / implying he doesn't know what he's doing or why is just ridiculous.

As I said, if you just don't like him or OSU, think they he's a jerk then that's an opinion you have and o.k, but to say he's an idiot, bad coach, etc. ..... you have to be kidding and/or just trying to stir the pot. Surely you're not serious.

BTW .... I may be mistaken but didn't you also slam Calapari at U.K. on pretty much a regular basis ? If so then I can completely understand you saying that Meyer is an idiot and can't coach.:lol2:, bc Both are considred among the best in their profession.

 

Post what you want bc that's certainly your right, is just that you may want to check a persons records and/or history before you claim they're an idiot / can't coach, just say'n .

 

Check my history you realize I hate Ohio State!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.