March 28, 201610 yr Author NBA front-office executives believe Diallo has a chance to be selected in the first round, but the opportunity to be selected in his preseason-projected lottery slot would come from excelling in the NBA Draft Combine and team workouts. Diallo informed Kansas coach Bill Self on Monday of his decision to leave school, and he’ll make a decision on his professional representation after the combine, sources said. Diallo – an athletic and active 6-foot-9 forward – averaged three points, 2.5 rebounds, .9 blocks and 7.5 minutes in 27 games for the Jayhawks. In Kansas’ tournament-opening win over Austin Peay, Diallo had nine points, four rebounds and one block in nine minutes. Kansas was eliminated in the Elite Eight on Saturday against Villanova. Diallo, 19, joined Kansas as a five-star recruit. In 2015, he was named MVP of the McDonald’s All-American Game and co-MVP of the Jordan Brand Classic with Arizona’s Allonzo Trier. Diallo’s eligibility battle with the NCAA slowed his learning curve early in the season, and Self elected to reduce Diallo’s role as the year wore on.
March 28, 201610 yr If it wasn't for following the recruiting trail some, since UK was in the mix with this guy, I'd have no idea who he was. Seems like several One-And-Done type players haven't lived up to the hype at Kansas.
March 28, 201610 yr Orton is a legitimate big man with a pro body. Diallo is not. He's about to make a really stupid mistake, IMO.
March 28, 201610 yr Should Skal and Cheick have to play a one on one "Play in Game" to enter the draft, with the loser going back to school?
March 28, 201610 yr I just read that he isn't signing an agent. So, I don't blame him for going through the process. They all should do that.
March 28, 201610 yr I just read that he isn't signing an agent. So, I don't blame him for going through the process. They all should do that. Yup, especially since you can remove your name from the draft and return to school three (3) times.
March 29, 201610 yr I just read that he isn't signing an agent. So, I don't blame him for going through the process. They all should do that. This. Didn't I hear Coach Cal say that every Wildcat on the roster would be doing the same, or was that some bizarre dream?
March 29, 201610 yr This. Didn't I hear Coach Cal say that every Wildcat on the roster would be doing the same, or was that some bizarre dream? You heard correctly, he said even the walkons.
March 29, 201610 yr As far as the player is concerned, there really isn't a reason not to put your name in the draft. Just don't sign an agent.
March 29, 201610 yr This. Didn't I hear Coach Cal say that every Wildcat on the roster would be doing the same, or was that some bizarre dream? Nope that is all true and it's a great idea. That's a great way to get your kids some extra, intense workouts during the summer.
March 29, 201610 yr Nope that is all true and it's a great idea. That's a great way to get your kids some extra, intense workouts during the summer. It also alleviates some of the pressure on the kid if/when he chooses to return to school. Take Briscoe for example, who probably isn't ready for the league. He can get an evaluation and return to school. If/when he returns to college, the story doesn't become "Briscoe tried to go pro but wasn't good enough" because the entire team declared, and most returned to campus.
March 29, 201610 yr Nope that is all true and it's a great idea. That's a great way to get your kids some extra, intense workouts during the summer. If they get invited to the combine.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.