Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Classy/nice guy coaches in Final Four?

Featured Replies

With my Kentucky Wildcats getting knocked out of this year's NCAA tournament, I need to find a team to root for. I am having a difficult time because I like several of the teams and coaches who are still alive in the tournament.

 

The Final Four might be made up of coaches who I view as classy men and seem to be genuinely nice guys.

 

OKLAHOMA...Lon Kruger...his second Final Four.

 

VILLANOVA...Jay Wright...his second Final Four?

 

NORTH CAROLINA...Roy Williams...his ninth Final Four?

 

VIRGINIA...Tony Bennett...his first Final Four?

 

If Kansas beats Villanova, I would include Bill Self in the classy/nice guy coach group.

 

If Notre Dame beats North Carolina, I think Mike Brey also qualifies in this group.

 

If Syracuse beats Virginia ('aint gonna happen), I am hesitant to include Jim Boeheim in the group. I think he is a good coach, but a bit surly to make the classy/nice guy coach.

 

I think I would really like to see Tony Bennett and the Virginia Cavaliers win it all. I think he might be the coach I would like to see coach/mentor my son. Go Cavs!

  • Author

Jay Wright is now officially in the Final Four.

Cheering for Notre Dame and Virginia tomorrow

Cheering for Notre Dame and Virginia tomorrow

 

I am as well. Dont typically have much against UNC but I really dont want them to win it all in a year that they should have had sanctions.

I am as well. Dont typically have much against UNC but I really dont want them to win it all in a year that they should have had sanctions.

 

Not a big fan of UNC. I didn't care for Dean Smith and his 4 corners.

If Virginia and North Carolina win today, then each Final Four team's name will end in "a". Strange but true.

  • Author

Jim Boeheim and the Orange appear to be on the verge of foiling my classy/nice guy coaches Final Four.

Not a big fan of UNC. I didn't care for Dean Smith and his 4 corners.

 

Hold a grudge much:lol2:?? That was like 30 years ago...let it go...lol

Hold a grudge much:lol2:?? That was like 30 years ago...let it go...lol

 

1977 East Region final.

  • Author
1977 East Region final.

 

I remember it well. :(

 

John Kuester and Dean's four corner offense, killed the Cats.

I remember it well. :(

 

John Kuester and Dean's four corner offense, killed the Cats.

 

Also Phil Ford and Walter Davis...

Hold a grudge much:lol2:?? That was like 30 years ago...let it go...lol

 

That started my dislike. Never cared for them even after dean left

  • Author
Also Phil Ford and Walter Davis...

 

Those were Carolina's all-Americans and Kentucky expected them to play well. Actually Phil Ford had one of his worst scoring games of his career that day (2 points).

 

Kuester was the dagger to the Cats that day. Dean Smith went to the four corner offense and Kuester drained free throw after free throw to beat a very strong Kentucky team. This team could have won it all, just like the 1978 team, in my opinion.

 

Kentucky vs. North Carolina (March 19, 1977)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.