Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jamie Dixon to TCU

Featured Replies

Was his seat getting warm at all about Pitt? Get out before they got you out maybe?

I think the move to the ACC will be the downfall of Pitt. They were much better off in the Big East

 

Considering they are the ones that basically engineered the destruction of the Big East, I could not be happier for them. :D

Cost of living is lower in Ft. Worth, I believe.

 

I'd be shocked if that were true. Ft. Worth "proper" is a pretty swanky place. Any time there is a big event in "North Texas" (Super Bowl, BCS Bowl, Final 4, etc.), ESPN sets up shop in Sundance Square which is in downtown Fort Worth rather than Dallas.

Underwood went to Oklahoma state

 

I assume that Food got the boot. Where will he land?

Archie Miller perhaps returning to his hometown? Would be a great move for Pitt but a tough place to succeed for Archie.

I'm pretty sure TCU can, at worst, match Pitt on money if not outspend them. Cost of living is lower in Ft. Worth, I believe. Recruiting Texas is easier than recruiting the ACC at Pitt. Throw in that this was his alma mater and it is no wonder the purples were so sure they would get him.

 

Good move for Dixon. I'm not sure Pitt can do much better- is Ben Howland available to come back to Pitt? Maybe this is the opening for Brad Underwood.

 

No State Income tax might have a little to do with it as well.

I'd be shocked if that were true. Ft. Worth "proper" is a pretty swanky place. Any time there is a big event in "North Texas" (Super Bowl, BCS Bowl, Final 4, etc.), ESPN sets up shop in Sundance Square which is in downtown Fort Worth rather than Dallas.

 

As someone that has lived in Ft. Worth for 8 years, I'm here to tell you that your perception of Ft. Worth doesn't match the reality.

 

ESPN sets up in Ft. Worth because it is closer to Arlington, where the new Cowboys stadium is located, than Dallas, it is close to DFW airport and hotels are cheaper in Ft. Worth- at least I'd bet that is why.

 

Cost of living: How far will my salary go in another city? - CNNMoney

 

Keep in mind, this site doesn't take into account the lack of a state income tax in Texas.

Dixon hired Jai Lucas as an assistant.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.