Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carson Williams is named Mr. Basketball

Featured Replies

Congratulations! I have seen him play a couple times and he was a dominate HS ball player. I also think he will do very well at the next level. People have to understand that playing at the next level is more about fit then going high D1. Carson will do VERY well at NKU and have a great career there, not because he couldn't play at the higher D1 school, but because the fit for him is a great one (see Kentucky kid,Dwayne Sutton UNCA, who tore it up his first year). I wish him the best of luck in the continuation of his journey.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inside at the 4. Williams and Faulkner will both start as freshmen. Another freshman from Lima, Ohio, named Dantez Walton will likely start as well at a wing. NKU lost Jalen Billups and Tyler White, not much in the way of talent returning. The infusion of freshmen and Alabama transfer Jeff Garrett will make a big difference for Coach Brannen next season.

 

Seems a little early to say who will be starting.

 

As for not much talent returning, I am pretty sure they will have 3 players returning that put up double digit points, their top rebounder and the team leader in assists.

Seems a little early to say who will be starting.

 

As for not much talent returning, I am pretty sure they will have 3 players returning that put up double digit points, their top rebounder and the team leader in assists.

 

These same players led them to a 9-21 record. Their points and assists and rebound averages are meaningless when you can't defend opposing players. I saw every game this season. One of the underclassmen who will go unnamed could not guard an empty room on a deserted island. His +/- differential when graded out on video was -7 average per game. Simply put, that means this player can't defend at the Division I level. He is not alone, as most of the returning players also struggle to stop the opposition. Maybe Holland will start at point guard next season, but I would not be surprised to see a completely new starting five. Williams, Faulkner, Garrett for sure. Walton will likely start.

I love that this went to Carson Williams. I'm glad Owen Co. not making the State tourny didn't affect their decision making.

 

Speaking of, how often does Mr. Basketball's team not in the Sweet 16?

I love that this went to Carson Williams. I'm glad Owen Co. not making the State tourny didn't affect their decision making.

 

Speaking of, how often does Mr. Basketball's team not in the Sweet 16?

 

It was voted on before the postseason started.

If you are saying that Mr. Basketball decisions were based upon one game, even a little bit, then how come those other players that scored more points, had better stats and came away with the W against Williams didn't win Mr. Basketball?

 

Being a bit sarcastic with comment above, but serious about this one - congratulations to a great, deserving player, Carson Williams!

 

Haha, yes. A little sarcastic I hope...... Between those 2 (from the games I saw), they picked the right guy (in my opinion). Gotta make sure im all politically correct.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.